An interesting NYE, managing blood glucose levels, alcohol, dancing and a late night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a great New Years Eve as I was invited to a postponed wedding reception from March 2020.

I've not had to manage my blood glucose levels through a night out like this for some time so I was a bit trepidatious.

I danced like an idiot, had quite a few beers and ended up taking my lantus a few hours later than normal. I was dreading my first test of the morning but it was 6!!

I wish I had been wearing a Libre to see how things had gone whilst I'd been doing all this.

Happy New Year to everyone on here and let's hope for a few more opportunities to party as I can't be doing it once every 2 years as I'm aching from using muscles that haven't been used for a long time.

I had a great New Years Eve as I was invited to a postponed wedding reception from March 2020.

I've not had to manage my blood glucose levels through a night out like this for some time so I was a bit trepidatious.

I danced like an idiot, had quite a few beers and ended up taking my lantus a few hours later than normal. I was dreading my first test of the morning but it was 6!!

I wish I had been wearing a Libre to see how things had gone whilst I'd been doing all this.

Happy New Year to everyone on here and let's hope for a few more opportunities to party as I can't be doing it once every 2 years as I'm aching from using muscles that haven't been used for a long time.
If you had been wearing a libre how often would you have scanned?

Happy New Year's to you and here goes for a few more opportunities to partyyy!

If you had been wearing a libre how often would you have scanned?

Happy New Year's to you and here goes for a few more opportunities to partyyy!
More often than I checked with a finger test which was zero times. Stupid really. I should have checked before I went to sleep. I wasn't blotto and I still have good warning signs but I don't recommend that approach.

To be serious though I have found it so easy scanning that I would have done it quite frequently to see the effect of various activities like dancing non stop for an hour. I was beginning to get to grips with the Libre and not overreacting to highs and lows but I self-fund so that has meant I can't use them all the time.

More often than I checked with a finger test which was zero times. Stupid really. I should have checked before I went to sleep. I wasn't blotto and I still have good warning signs but I don't recommend that approach.

To be serious though I have found it so easy scanning that I would have done it quite frequently to see the effect of various activities like dancing non stop for an hour. I was beginning to get to grips with the Libre and not overreacting to highs and lows but I self-fund so that has meant I can't use them all the time.
Understandable about not being able to use the Libre all the time. To be fair forgetting to finger prick if you have had alcohol seems like it won’t be at the front of your mind to BG test

Why on earth are you needing to self fund Libre? - have you requested it to be funded for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back