An exploration of the experiences of healthcare professionals and patients with diabetic foot ulcers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omo

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Introduction

We are recruiting patients and healthcare professionals who have diabetic foot ulcers (DFU) /or work with patients with diabetic foot ulcers to participate in interviews to explore their experiences on reducing pressure on the at risk areas of the feet and the use of wound dressings.

Study Aim
  • To examine the perceptions of health care professionals and patients with DFUs on how we should reduce the pressure on the at-risk areas of the feet.
  • To examine the barriers to the use of wound dressings in DFU and limitations/efficacy of currently used wound dressings as perceived by patients with DFU and healthcare professionals.
  • To explore the experiences of healthcare professionals and patients with DFU on the use of wound dressings in informing the development and design of more effective wound dressings for DFUs.

Study details

The interview discussions will;
  • Explore the factors that contribute to the development of diabetic foot ulcers.
  • Examine the use of footwear at home and work.
  • Examine the barriers to patients reducing the pressure on the at risk areas of their feet
  • Explore the use of wound dressings by patients with DFU and the barriers and limitations of current wound dressings
  • Examine the effectiveness of current wound dressings and investigate factors which inhibit the proper use of wound dressing.
  • Explore the development and design of more effective wound dressings for DFUs?

Taking part in the Research

• Each participating patient will be given a £20 ‘Love2Shop voucher’ as incentive.

If interested in participating, please contact;

Principal Investigator name:
Prof. Omorogieva Ojo

Principal Investigator site: University of Greenwich

Contact details: Dr Anna Hanrahan,

• Room 101, Dreadnought Building, 30 Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9LS

Email: A.Hanrahan@greenwich.ac.uk

Phone: 07568 095 986

The Participant’s information pack is attached to this message.

This study has been approved by @Cherrelle DUK

Attachments

Do you need to have a current foot ulcer to participate in this? I’ve had foot ulcers in the past that were treated in various ways but thankfully I don’t have at present. Happy to help if I can from my experience

Do you need to have a current foot ulcer to participate in this? I’ve had foot ulcers in the past that were treated in various ways but thankfully I don’t have at present. Happy to help if I can from my experience
Hi, Thank you for your message. You do not need to have current wound ulcer to be legible for the study. If you have had Diabetic Foot Ulcer previously, then we will be pleased to hear from you and discuss further. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back