An anniversary 'thank you'

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the..?

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello - have realised that today is the one year anniversary of my Type 2 diagnosis. It was a terrible day and I still remember how shaken and horrified I was. But thanks to this site, and the support and good humour of forum members, that awful feeling of despair very quickly evaporated and was replaced by self-belief and insight into the many ups and downs of the condition. I am, as many before me have said, now fitter and healthier than before, all through diet and exercise. My last blood test came back at 41, so technically 'normal', but I am hopeful the next will be lower still, and I've lost over four stone. Not allowing complacency to creep in though - my no-longer-new way of eating is varied and satisfying, and I am now no stranger to light weights, incorporating them into my daily Mr Motivator routines. I really am very, very grateful to everyone for sharing their experiences, good and bad - I don't know where I'd be now without you.

Many congratulations on your Diaversary and particularly on your amazing weight loss and diabetes management.
Really fantastic that your diagnosis has been the door to a new healthier you and most importantly that you are enjoying your food. Thanks for posting such an inspirational update. I hope your subsequent diaversary updates are equally gratifying to read. WELL DONE on an amazing achievement... in just a year!

Err, Northie - I'd be worried if anyone told me MY pancreas actually was that colour! - I always thought it would be a similar shade of red/pink to other internal organs eg those you happen to see on telly medical progs when they're doing operations - but actually never seen on literally in the flesh!

Anyone know?

Well done, from the depths of diagnosis to a picture of health in a year is a fantastic achievement. Mind you, a complete new set of clothes must have cost a fortune!

Many congratulations on your Diaversary and particularly on your amazing weight loss and diabetes management.
Really fantastic that your diagnosis has been the door to a new healthier you and most importantly that you are enjoying your food. Thanks for posting such an inspirational update. I hope your subsequent diaversary updates are equally gratifying to read. WELL DONE on an amazing achievement... in just a year!
Thank you Barbara, you're right, enjoying your food is massively important in the 'process'. And a special thanks to you for your comments, as you are always so very kind and thoughtful in your responses, it meant a lot to me, and I'm sure you have been a huge help to many others too.

Well done, from the depths of diagnosis to a picture of health in a year is a fantastic achievement. Mind you, a complete new set of clothes must have cost a fortune!
Thanks Mikey B, 'depths of diagnosis' is a great phrase and completely sums up how I felt. Can't claim to be exactly a picture of health yet though, I'm afraid, there's a way to go yet! But at least now I feel it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back