Amazon shopping is so addictive (other shopping sites are advailable)

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I have discovered Amazon on line shopping and its highly addictive. Its all so easy to click on something ,pay for it by card you dont miss the money as it seems like its not real money. Then they diliver often the next day.Dont get me wrong I have the money for it. The other day I ordered the complete set of the Miss Read books ( set in a village school in the 50s), there are about 15 of them all together).It cost me about £240. I enjoyed it and shall enjoy them when they come. I recon I must have contributed a good chunk towards there profit margins this year.

I do quite a lot of shopping on Amazon, it’s just too easy to buy stuff without getting out of your chair! Having said that, at the moment I can’t think of anything to spend the vouchers on that I got for my birthday 🙂

It's years since I read them, but I loved Miss Read books, a gentle read. We used to live in a village and many of the characters and situations were very recognisable!

Good to see you back again, Gail.

I try to avoid Amazon and if I want something I will look for other suppliers even if I have to pay more. I prefer to buy from a real shop on the high street. Some things, like printer ink are usually cheaper on Amazon by a wide margin so I tend to go to them for that and the occasional book and some of the more obscure things are easier to find through them.

want a laugh was was ment to have a delivery yesterday it didt come ttthey sent me an email with a piccy of it outside the door [we have 2 doors] So sent them a snotty email saying they must not do this This morning N [night staff]told me he had taken in the boxs but he wasnt allowed to give them to me unttill the senoirs from days got in WHOOPS sorry amozen guess whos now got to email saying sorry

As mentioned elsewhere, I have just bought a wood lathe. I did look at Amazon but also looked at Machine Mart. In the end I went with Machine Mart as I wanted to take a look at the things and we have a shop in town. In the end I got one quite a bit cheaper as I bought the display model that came without a box. I'm now getting pop up ads from Machine Mart just in case I want to buy another one. Wife Liz is a regular Amazon customer. Does anyone know the song Hickory Hollows Tramp?

The path was beaten wide from footsteps leading to our semi, out on the street there stood a big white van. Every day a hand would knock and there would stand a stranger, with yet another box from Amazon.

Of course, everybody need multiple wood lathes, except me, and Barrowman. I wouldn't know what to do with one.

"I wouldn't know what to do with one."

You Tube is your friend. You can get advice on what to buy and then demos on how to use it.

Whoops I did it again
got Terry Practhetts books the entire works thats a good chunk of my loose change money

I bought a book from Amazon shortly after it started in the USA in the mid 1990s. You had to send your credit card details in two e-mails. I forget about the order, until about a month later when the book arrived from the USA!

I used them all the time for years, but now tend to support local businesses if I can (Mainly books, music and films.) as I quite like browsing in bookshops and music stores and don't get the same 'random finds' online, just targeted stuff I am not interested in. I only use them as a last resort, but am finding their prices are no longer that great for vinyl and go to independents. (Amazon's customer service is amazing, though. Complaints/problems are dealt with very swiftly!)

I like to add things to my Amazon basket, then consider whether to buy them or not or save them for later. I often find that I decide I don’t need them or want to save money so don’t actually end up buying them.

I bought a book from Amazon shortly after it started in the USA in the mid 1990s. You had to send your credit card details in two e-mails. I forget about the order, until about a month later when the book arrived from the USA!

I used them all the time for years, but now tend to support local businesses if I can (Mainly books, music and films.) as I quite like browsing in bookshops and music stores and don't get the same 'random finds' online, just targeted stuff I am not interested in. I only use them as a last resort, but am finding their prices are no longer that great for vinyl and go to independents. (Amazon's customer service is amazing, though. Complaints/problems are dealt with very swiftly!)
A new shop selling Vinyl and Preloved at Hoar Park Craft Village near Over Whitacre. I also have my stained glass at a shop there.

A new shop selling Vinyl and Preloved at Hoar Park Craft Village near Over Whitacre. I also have my stained glass at a shop there.
Went there about 10 years ago when the kids were toddlers...
Might have to check it out of there's a vinyl shop!
Is there good coffee as well?

Went there about 10 years ago when the kids were toddlers...
Might have to check it out of there's a vinyl shop!
Is there good coffee as well?
There is a cafe doing meals, cakes etc, and another shop with snacks, coffee, ice cream etc.
Closed on a Monday otherwise open every day.
Bikers are there on a Wed mornings, more bikes than the Motorcycle Museum or so it seems.

A family member gets everything from Amazon. I'm addicted to Shein and Temu except I feel guilty about the workers. 🙄
Also with Temu it can be iffy if parcels arrive and the sizes come up small so I order big. I ordered gardening boots and I'm really pleased with them despite them being a lurid acid green. I can actually get them on. 🙂 Online shopping is too easy by half. £240 for Miss Read books!!! I've got all them for next to nothing from carboots, charity shops and the free bookshop but if you hanker for something then worth every penny. 🙂

I confess I am an online shopper but I do take care with a few things
- what is the return policy?
- what is the environmental impact of shipping? Some things are shipped in individual packages from half way round the world whereas others are sent in bulk to a central European (or UK) warehouse which then distributes.
- can they really make something that cheap for the quality I need while paying the workers a fair wage?
- do they pay UK tax?
There are times when I weigh up all these things and still order but, when I can afford it, I try to consider the full impact.
I now only buy Kindle books from Amazon (and then only with TopCashBack payouts) due to their working practices.

Back