Am i getting above my station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Lately i have been really impressed with myself and far from blowing my own trumpet i think i am handling everything really well, but when i had family here i was finding myself getting into some bad habits i was eating on the hoof and popping into the pub and having a quick pub lunch, having a maccie d etc etc but i was'nt feeling any effect my bloods did not seem to significantly shoot up or anything, so i just wondered if sub contiously im imagning the worst to happen when in fact I seem to be controlling dibetes and not letting it control me , do we sometimes think the worse all the time ?? can I ever really get away with bending the rules the odd time? i dont want to become to cocky because if i get a care free attitude about my diabetes it will come back and bite me on the bum somewhere along the line im sure about that ...

Hi Steff - dare I say that the only person who sometimes doesn't seem to be impressed with what you've achieved is you? Think about what you have done with your family and ask yourself whether you have been as "off plan" as you think. For example, you may have been running around more than ever and getting a bit more exercise in or had smaller portions et cetera. Now you are in a better stage with your diabetes then your body may also be giving you a bit more leeway than it did at the start. I do think you've hit the nail on the head though that if we get too care free then it will creep up and bite us hard at some stage.

I've just surprised myself too as been out on a planning session for some quilting teaching 3 of us are doing - had a lunch that involved a soup with both potatoes and orange juice plus large chunk of walnut and apricot bread. Two hours post meal my blood glucose was 8.5mmol/l which really surprised me as thought it would be more - especially as I didn't fit any exercise in this morning or yesterday either.

sometimes i just think of the bad side of diabetes vanessa and forget sometimes it can be good News for once LOL

Last edited:
You are dooing brilliantly well. Your replies to posts are always good and you have a lot of knowledge. WHo doesn't go off the rails sometimes and eat things they shouldn't

I agree with Vanessa, and would like to add I think you are wonderful like everyone else here.

I have times like these when Ive not totally gone by the rules and expected a few high readings but havent got them :confused: Hmm other times when Ive lived on salad and water and Ive had sky high levels 😱 Ive come to the conclusion that Diabetes doesnt play by the rules and makes up new ones daily!!! Grrrr 😡 It is always there though in the background waiting for you to think youve cracked it so that it can prove you wrong ... again 😡

I have times like these when Ive not totally gone by the rules and expected a few high readings but havent got them :confused: Hmm other times when Ive lived on salad and water and Ive had sky high levels 😱 Ive come to the conclusion that Diabetes doesnt play by the rules and makes up new ones daily!!! Grrrr 😡 It is always there though in the background waiting for you to think youve cracked it so that it can prove you wrong ... again 😡

perfectly said AM thats summed it up in one x

Great summary AM and could not agree more! 🙂

Steff, you are doing well and should be proud of yourself and how much you support others on here. 🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back