Am I being hard on myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee2011

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Evening All,

I am getting there. Still get my up and down moments. I realised today that I haven't got over the "slight background retinopathy" diagnosis. Part of me thinks it was weeks ago. Another part of me thinks I need to give it time, and acknowledge and accept it. Yes, it was a wee shock to the system. I can't wait to see my therapist next week.
I learnt a lot of techniques,
Accupressure
Reiki
Sahaja Yoga
Which I use a fair bit.
But I still am trying to shift this shock....
Rant over
I probably sound like a spoilt brat.
On the plus side a mare said I lost a lot of weight since she last saw me... Yippee

Evening All,

I am getting there. Still get my up and down moments. I realised today that I haven't got over the "slight background retinopathy" diagnosis. Part of me thinks it was weeks ago. Another part of me thinks I need to give it time, and acknowledge and accept it. Yes, it was a wee shock to the system. I can't wait to see my therapist next week.
Accupressure
Reiki
Sahaja Yoga
Which I use a fair bit.
Rant over
On the plus side a mare said I lost a lot of weight since she last saw me... Yippee
Quite a few people get 'that letter' saying background retinopathy but then the next time it is all clear. Keeping blood glucose well managed obviously helps to achieve that and for many that is an incentive to do the best they can with making the needed changes to life style.

Evening All,

Accupressure
Reiki
Sahaja Yoga
Which I use a fair bit.
Rant over
Hello, I say no to beating yourself up. Digital tech with the eyes is far more advanced than in “my day” with a Polaroid camera. It’s earlier spotting of potential issues? Some people drift in and out of it whilst others get one hiccup then it’s gone.
You would be sent a letter if something needed doing. Be mindful of the feedback. But don’t let it ruin your life right now.

You have my best wishes.

Not at all @rustee2011

It is perfectly natural for it to take time for that news to settle, and for you to absorb it. And it will take as long as it takes.

Hopefully you’ll be able to stop the ‘background’ from progressing, or at the very least slow any progress that might happen. Several forum members (including me) were lucky enough to get an ‘all clear’ following getting a background letter by gently improving their BG levels, and others have just kept it at background for years and years.

So perhaps getting the ‘background‘ letter might inspire you to make some gentle and sustained improvements to your BG management?

And well done on your weight loss too - that’s great news 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back