Alternative to MySugr app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopiert

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
MySugr app and Riche have decided to change the platform, which you have to sign into to use the app. Unfortunately, I now seem to be locked out of the app and can not get to my data.

Given that I am likely to delete the app, can I ask what other members use to track their key diabetes numbers?

I’ve had daily conversations with their support team since the update.
Each time they give me more detailed workarounds to get me signed in. Each time it doesn’t work.
I’ve deleted the app now as it’s utterly useless.
I’m recording stats manually into Apple Health at the moment.

My Contour app shares its data with Apple health and this gets across to mysugr with all the other info such as exercise.

Mysugr still works for me - had to create new account.

I’ve downloaded MySugr again and used a completely new email address to sign up. That means that I lost all the historical data but heigh-ho.

Thanks for you replies

I eventually got back in, but it took a week or so. I have no idea how I did that and kept my data. It does seem to randomly kick me out every now and then. I would still like to find an alternative, but I have tried so many and none are quite as good.

If you have a glucose meter that likely has its own app, so maybe start there.
I started using it when I had an accucheck mobile with a bluetooth connection, It meant I got the full app. The strips became very expensive, so I dropped it (it was a great device!). I now use the Gluco Navii. You are lucky to get a carrying pouch. let alone an app :rofl:

There seems to be a Gluco Navii app.

You could also I guess go back to the Accuchek app & just enter readings manually rather than sync through bluetooth. I always enter mine manually as generally you cannot correct a bum result.

Ah what a shame!

mySugr was such a great platform for so long. But the tie-in with Roche seems to have added a whole load of complexity, and not necessarily been a huge benefit for the end-user.

I yearn for the simple old days of Frederik and a bunch of other T1 friends building a solution that worked for them out of a tiny startup company :(

Ah what a shame!

mySugr was such a great platform for so long. But the tie-in with Roche seems to have added a whole load of complexity, and not necessarily been a huge benefit for the end-user.

I yearn for the simple old days of Frederik and a bunch of other T1 friends building a solution that worked for them out of a tiny startup company :(
Ah yes, those were the days. I remember many (usually late night) conversations with the help desk, often discussing the fleeting Libre integration amongst other things. It certainly was the best I used for quite a while.

MySugr app and Riche have decided to change the platform, which you have to sign into to use the app. Unfortunately, I now seem to be locked out of the app and can not get to my data.

Given that I am likely to delete the app, can I ask what other members use to track their key diabetes numbers?
My DSN recommended an app called mylife, does all the same things , but totally free .

My DSN recommended an app called mylife, does all the same things , but totally free .
MySugr is free. And it makes cute monster noises! :rofl:

MySugr is free. And it makes cute monster noises! :rofl:
The basic version of mySugr is free , but if you want the pro version with the bolus calculator you have to pay. mylife has the bolus calculator for free , but as you say there is no monster

I haven’t registered for new platform yet but I wonder if I’ll have kept my legacy benefits of free pro version forever because of helping with the early design and testing of it. Guessing that would have gone now if need to register again.

@Lucyr I had lifetime pro. Note the use of past tense.

The MyLife one drives me mad as you can’t tell it you’re using a 1u or 0.5u pen and so everything is in 0.1 increments. If I want to add 3u to breakfast bolus for DP I have yo press + 30 times. I didn’t have the patience for that, stuck to doing it in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back