Alternate site testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
just wondered if any of you guys do this. I must admit I find testing on my forearm a lot easier than on my fingers. Are there any pros or cons this way?

For me its always been on the finger tips.........I have heard of the possibilities of moving but seen no real reason to do so.......

My tune may change further down the line.............

A while ago my DSN did talk about testing on my forearm, but at the time I don't think the results were as accurate as finger prick testing.

When I was little (under the age of 7 I'd say), I'd only test on my toes. I finally got convinced to start using to fingers as my team were worried about damage to my toes.

I've also in the past used my earlobes, as they are full of capillary blood. Warning though - they tend to bleed a LOT, and I found I had to turn my lancing device down to the lowest it would go! I bled for ages. I wouldn't do it regularly, but it makes a change if your fingers are suffering.

edit: this brings back memories of when I was younger...if I fell over and cut my knees/hands/elbow etc, my parents would run off to grab the testing kit as they saw it as an excuse to do a check! 🙂

I was told the best results are from your fingers, so always do them. If anyone else is about and they are OK with blood and needles or things that go prick I ask for them to help do my right hand to give my left hand a rest.

I was told the best results are from your fingers, so always do them. If anyone else is about and they are OK with blood and needles or things that go prick I ask for them to help do my right hand to give my left hand a rest.

Why would you need assistance?

Why would you need assistance?

Some things I can do with ease left handed and other things I need a little help for. I find the finger pricker difficult to manage with my left hand, and I like to give the fingers on my left hand a rest.

Some things I can do with ease left handed and other things I need a little help for. I find the finger pricker difficult to manage with my left hand, and I like to give the fingers on my left hand a rest.

It is strange doing it, I often find myself having to do it 3 or 4 times before i draw blood, simply not applying the right pressure......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back