Aloe Vera

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarateKid

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, after seeing the doc and telling him that i thought my tablets were giving me bad stomach cramps, and him giving me a couple of months on diet and exercise without any tablets. and with parting words of "you will need something eventually " i decided to loose some weight about "half a stone" and do some research on Aloe Vera, after reading one of the other threads. to my surprise i have not had a reading above 7 and one of 3.6 and are now pain free of stomach cramps.I brought the Aloe Juice from Holland and Barratt and tablets from Healthspan who i use for my Garlic tablets. has anyone else tried this route. After reading a fair bit about Aloe on the net it seems to have very good results for Type 2s. if you watch you diet as well.
Regards Mick

I haven't gone down this route, but I have also heard lots of good things about Aloe Vera, both plants and extracts used in other things.

If you are unlucky enough to go back on metformin, it takes a while for the side effects to settle down, but if they don't there is also slow release which seems to suit some folks better than others. If that time arises, you will need to talk to your care team and make an infomred decision then.

Hi Caroline, i couldn't take Metformin slow release, they had the same effects as the Gliclazide. The doc say's there's others on the market now, but he never said anymore than that. I hope i can control it myself without tablets. So i'm determined to at least try, as i've never felt such pain. I spent night's on the settee without sleep doubled up in pain and it all disappeared when i stopped taking the tablets as a trial.The doc does'nt think it was the tablets, but one of my neighbours dad's is having the same problems with the same tablets. I've also cut out most dairy and are having soya milk as that also has a decent report.
Regards Mick

I am happy that the Aloe Vera seems to be working for you!...I had a terrible time on Metformin and ended up in A&E with the most excrutiating stomach pain!...Like you, my Dr also did not think it was the tablets and treated me as if I was being 'akward' when I refused to try them again, mine too was slow release!...Glicazide also had the same effect on me.

sadly, I am now on Levimer once a day :( Yet still, my sugars are consisitantly high. I have not been below the 10.5 mark in ages!...I may look into this Aloe Vera, is there a site I can look at with regards to Aloe and Diabetes?....Must google it!

Keep up the great work and well done....hope you can guard off any other med's for as long as possible!

Love Ellowyne

Hi Ellowyne,
Just Google Aloe Vera and Diabetes, and you -tube has it on as well. Obviously no one only you can make the decision about your tablets but i just could'nt stand the pain i was in. and it looks as if you were having the same problems. I also was going to go to A+E but decided on a couple of day's trial without the tablets. Aloe Vera was on one of the other threads but can't remember which one, so i decided to give it a try. I've been off the tablets for about 4 weeks now and feel great. and hav'nt had a bad reaing since, but as i said i did tell the doc i was'nt happy with them, but i di'nt say anything about the Aloe i just started taking that myself after reading the good reports. I got the Juice from Holland And Barratt but the Tablets from Healthspan who i have used for quite a few years although Holland And Barratt do sell them. only you can make the decision about the tablets.
Regards Mick

Hi Caroline, i couldn't take Metformin slow release, they had the same effects as the Gliclazide. The doc say's there's others on the market now, but he never said anymore than that. I hope i can control it myself without tablets. So i'm determined to at least try, as i've never felt such pain. I spent night's on the settee without sleep doubled up in pain and it all disappeared when i stopped taking the tablets as a trial.The doc does'nt think it was the tablets, but one of my neighbours dad's is having the same problems with the same tablets. I've also cut out most dairy and are having soya milk as that also has a decent report.
Regards Mick

Some of the symptoms you describe are the same as hubby and he had to cut out dairy. Being in pain is awfull and you are doing other things to help yourself which is good. It might pay you to talk to the doctor about the effect dairy is having on you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back