Almond flour

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyB61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone tell me where I can buy almond flour From ? I can’t seem to find it in any supermarket

Tesco sell Almond flour, ie ground almonds in 1kg bags.

Tesco sell Almond flour, ie ground almonds in 1kg bags.
I think ground almonds are easy to find, but as I understand it almond flour is a bit different. Oh, now that I've googled some more I'm more confused!

By the looks of it ground almonds are blanched almonds, ground. And the flour might just be ground a bit more finely, or might have fat removed too. https://www.carbophobic.com/almond-flour-ground-almonds/

But maybe the fineness of the grinding varies between brands of ground almonds?

Regardless, looks easy enough to find it online even if you can't get it in a shop. (By the looks of it Holland & Barrett sell it, though they don't look like the cheapest.)

The almond "flour" is usually just ground almonds that have been ground into a slightly finer powder.

It's usually cheaper to get the ground ones if you don't mind a slightly coarser texture.🙂.

Sometimes the ground almonds have had their skins left on which gives more fibre also.

I get mine from Holland and Barrett but like Bruce said, not the cheapest.

You can also get it on Amazon I believe 🙂

You can buy ground almonds in most grocery shops. If it's to course then stick it in a blender.

I got a bag on amazon (1kg for £12 THIS ONE)

(edit - this is almond flour and not ground almonds so can use right out of the bag)

Last edited:
I've always just used ground almonds in recipes that call for almond flour. I find Lidl and Aldi cheapest shops to get it. There's some here for £7.49 per kilo, but you'd have to pay postage.

Tesco ground almonds are claimed by Tesco to be:
  • FOR BAKING & COOKING Finely milled for blending into bakes and sauces
£5.75 for 500gm, equivalent to £11.50 per kg; carbs 3.8gm per 100gm. Interestingly their "normal" ground almonds are more expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back