Allergic to libre 2 adhesive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkles15597

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Is there anything that can be done about this? I am allergic to plasters, micropore tape etc. I have huge itchy rashes and even with antihistamines I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm really upset as, after 40 years of type 1, I've had to go back to finger pricking. Does anyone know if the adhesive has changed on the libre 2?

I believe that some people have found Hyperfix tape is non allergenic and can be used under a Libre or Skin Tac wipes before applying the Libre, but best to patch test the SkinTac first.
I am starting to have a low level skin reaction and I have been using Libre for nearly 4 years, but thankfully it hasn't got to the stage of being a significant problem, but my skin is taking over 14 days to fully recover from the previous sensor. I haven't gone down the route of trying these options yet but I may have to if it gets worse. I hope you can find something which helps as Libre (and other CGMs) really are a game changer.

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have tried "skin glu" and chlorphenamine but it got to the point of my whole arm swelling and my neck/face and then I was gerring woken up in the night every hour, couple of hours with false hypo readings (checked with finger pricks). I was so tired and then it stopped working, I took it out and it was becoming infected. I gave up. I'm gutted but I just couldn't stand it anymore. I will see if I can find out if dexcom uses different adhesive and try and make a phone appt with a DSN. Thanks a lot 🙂

Is there anything that can be done about this? I am allergic to plasters, micropore tape etc. I have huge itchy rashes and even with antihistamines I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm really upset as, after 40 years of type 1, I've had to go back to finger pricking. Does anyone know if the adhesive has changed on the libre 2?

I had a similar issue. I used TORBOT Group Skin-Tac-H Adhesive Barrier Wipes. This helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back