All inclusive holidays - What you eating/drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nige13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Going to Turkey in a few weeks time (14 nights) and even though I am really looking forward to it (and lucky to go on holiday these days) am a little worried about bloods going sky high.
I normally eat and drink what I like but had a bit of a shock and telling off from the nurse recently so I am now trying to be good - low carbs.
I don't really drink alcohol so that won't really bother me.
What do you guys tend to eat and drink? :confused:

We are off to France in 4 weeks time, self catering but will be eating out most nights in restaurants. I'll just choose a low carb option if there is one and if I fancy it, otherwise I'll just have what I like the look of most. As it's France, there will certainly be breakfasts of french bread and butter or croissants! I'm trying to lose a few extra pounds before the trip to put in the calorie bank, as it were.
So I'll be aware of what I'm eating, but not necessarily eating what I should! It's a holiday after all and no point making oneself miserable. You could do a bit more exercise to compensate? I'll be keeping up my daily walking and that will hopefully keep the BG levels down.
Have a fantastic time :D

All inclusive set meal times not too much to worry about, it's the all inclusive buffets that are the problem! Ha ha it can turn into a 12hr eating marathon....depending on how good the food is.

Well ........ I am hoping the food is going to be good and vaired ( so lots of salads not really into the cakes ). The hotel reviews are pretty good apart form the odd one that complains about a creacked pool tile :rofl:

As long as you’re not having chips every night I wouldn’t be too worried. Lots of meats and salads will be fine, it’ll be too hot to want to eat loads I would think. Just enjoy.

When going abroad we always book all inclusive, great when kids were little.

Usually find good selection of food on offer with plenty of options for those who low carb, like cheeses hams berries for example.

When going abroad we always book all inclusive, great when kids were little.

Usually find good selection of food on offer with plenty of options for those who low carb, like cheeses hams berries for example.
Yes , there are lots of really good foods on offer and it's the choices we make when going up for our meals - I will try to avoid the pototes, breads and chips (my fave) maybe have the odd few as I am on holiday :D. Cheeses, hams and berries are a good choice yes ( as long as the cheese and ham are not smoked .... ewww ) :rofl:

How do your levels behave in the heat?

Mine go lower, insulin works quicker and I am way more sensitive to it. So normally I eat quite well at meals but fall down carby rabbitholes to keep levels up.

We have 2 weeks away in Mexico in December. Last time we did a week all inclusive I put on 8lbs 😱

The food (reviews, menu and youtube) looks amazing!

I will stick to low carb as much as possible to try and avoid any fast acting insulin. I am more sensitive in the evening so might sneak in some carbs that side of the day. Also I do plan to drink so we will see how it goes x

Yes , there are lots of really good foods on offer and it's the choices we make when going up for our meals - I will try to avoid the pototes, breads and chips (my fave) maybe have the odd few as I am on holiday :D. Cheeses, hams and berries are a good choice yes ( as long as the cheese and ham are not smoked .... ewww ) :rofl:

Funny you should mention that, was always fan of smoked cheeses hams & fish but not any longer, odd as still prefer bacon smoked.

Enjoy holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back