All clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoventryTrev

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Today has to be the best day of my life!!
I had my pancreas and spleen removed on 17th June due to a cyst on the pancreas. It's been a tough ten weeks with two blood transfusions, having sepsis twice, having to be resuscitated in recovery, six readmissions due to complications, five weeks in hospital and learning to live with diabetes.
Today I had my post op consultation with my surgeon. He confirmed the cyst was pre cancerous so would have developed into cancer eventually. No further treatment required apart from check ups with the McMillan nurses for the next five years.
Yes, I'm new to diabetes and how to control it with insulin but it's all about taking each day as it comes and making the most of every day.
I'm cancer free and I'm here to write this post!!!

Today has to be the best day of my life!!
I had my pancreas and spleen removed on 17th June due to a cyst on the pancreas. It's been a tough ten weeks with two blood transfusions, having to be resuscitated in recovery, six readmissions due to complications, five weeks in hospital and learning to live with diabetes.
Today I had my post op consultation with my surgeon. He confirmed the cyst was pre cancerous so would have developed into cancer eventually. No further treatment required apart from check ups with the McMillan nurses for the next five years.
Yes, I'm new to diabetes and how to control it with insulin but it's all about taking each day as it comes and making the most of every day.
I'm cancer free and I'm here to write this post!!!
Fantastic news. Onwards and upwards with getting to grips with your diabetes.

Amazing news @CoventryTrev!

Glad the op was successful, and that they caught it in time. Sorry to hear you have been through the mill since though 😱

Hope the check-ups continue all clear. Pancreatic cancer is a swine, and really not one of the ones you want to get if you can help it.

Good to know they will be keeping a close eye on you over coming years.

Wonderful news!!! Sorry you've had a rough time but very happy for you that they've removed it before it developed into cancer. 🙂

Fantastic new so pleased for you.

Fantastic news. I am delighted for you and your family. Huge relief I am sure. Diabetes is a pain in the backside at times but this other sort of stuff helps put it all in perspective and we have amazing tech (including access to this forum) to make it so much more manageable these days.
Wishing you lots of good health and happiness for your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back