All Carb counters read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all

I have already posted a thread with this link but I have now read the details, which I hadn't before I posted it.

http://www.carbsandcals.com/

This book, I believe, will be revolutionary for carb counters and those who want to learn or need some help. It is genius and I don't know why it has not been done before like this.

Take a look at the website and don't just read the home page, click on book tab at the top and take a look.

I know it sounds like I'm getting commission for selling it this hard but I'm not 🙂 It really does sound and look good. People on the children's email group are snapping it up and I didn't know why until I looked, so I thought I would start another thread titled as I have done.

I've now ordered one, but may get two, one for Jessica, as I think this will be great for kids as well who need to learn.

:D

had a look earlier and though it looked well put together xxx good one although i read the web address as carb scandals !! ***** dyslexia😱

It does look good, but I wouldn't rush to but it if it's just pictures and values, I know I haven't read the whole site so it probably is more, but those pictures yes give a good idea and a brilliant starting point, but not what I would be looking for, sorry that sounds negative, it's good but not for rossi at the moment!

Cheers

Rossi🙂

No problem Rossi, this is great for those starting out who just need to eyeball food. It is also great for kids learning.

I've seen so many carb books and this is by far the best I have seen so far (but only seen it on the net and not in person yet!) 🙂

yes I agree it would be perfect to start off, mind you some times I think I should start again! I would certainly have a look at it in a book shop!

Oh, I saw you post the link earlier but hadn't had a chance to check it out - it looks really nifty! :D It looks ideal for those times when you're out and you're not quite sure what 80g pasta looks like! I particularly like the demonstration with cakes - when you look things up and you just get the name and carb value I'm never sure what kind of size they're referring to. I think I might have to pick one of these up (and I've been carb counting for a while 😛)

Just ordered it, am doing ok with my carb counting (just about) but this looks fantastic and just what I need.. thanks Adrienne for finding it :D

It is also A5 size so handy for those handbags !!

I was given a book like this which the team at my clinic made up when I finished my reclaim course (aka daphne) its really helpful when starting out!

We've been carb counting for nearly a year now and we do well at home, but I have ordered a copy for when we eat out ( which we do a lot!) as its always a bit tricky to get it right just from looking at portions on a plate.

Cant wait to get it now and have a good old look through!!

Thanks Adrienne - well spotted!!! :D

Ooh, there's an app for that...or at least there will be! Can't imagine using the book, but an app on my iphone might be useful :D Depends how much, I guess!

It looks good, though after a while you start getting used to calculating the amounts. I find that using the same plates and cups helped in the beginning.
I even considered buying one of those Diet Plates http://preview.tinyurl.com/yz6hm8j but figured that would just make me lazy. I still occasionally weigh new foods, but 99% of the foods E eats can be calculated with a quick glance.
Anyone struggling with carb counting, don't give up, it does get easier, I promise 🙂

Looks really useful, Would quite like to get a copy of that.
Ditto. Wouldn't rely solely on it but make use of another book I have and my own carb counting skills. 😎

it looks good something the graham can learn as well

Ooh, there's an app for that...or at least there will be! Can't imagine using the book, but an app on my iphone might be useful :D Depends how much, I guess!

Think I would prefer the iPhone app when it is available. At least I always have my iPhone in my pocket.
Is anyone going to launch of the book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back