Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi there
Newly diagnosed t1 would have loved to have a glass of wine this evening but my glucose level is 20 quite high
What so others do?
Is it safe to have a drink?
Thanks

Hi there
Newly diagnosed t1 would have loved to have a glass of wine this evening but my glucose level is 20 quite high
What so others do?
Thanks
Hello, I wouldn’t get “wrecked.” But I would correct the high BGs. (In my case, not correcting with the full dose incase I push it too far with the alcohol keeping the liver busy?)

Happy new year.

Hi there
What so others do?
Thanks

Alcohol tends to lower blood sugar if it’s dry wine or spirits so it shouldn’t cause any problems. I’d be more concerned about dealing with your high blood sugar. Do you know your correction ratio? Have you tested for ketones?

Alcohol tends to lower blood sugar if it’s dry wine or spirits so it shouldn’t cause any problems. I’d be more concerned about dealing with your high blood sugar. Do you know your correction ratio? Have you tested for ketones?
Hi r here
I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago
It doesn’t seem to matter what I do my glucose remains high
At the min the hospital have told me the Humalog dose to take 2,3 and 4 at evening meal I don’t understand ratios

If your glucose stays high, you’re not taking enough insulin. Give your team a call on Jan 2nd and get some advice. You might need to increase both or one of your basal or bolus. Are you literally high all the time or do you come down overnight?

Ok, you need more insulin. I’d guess that both basal and bolus need increasing. It’s not your fault. You haven’t been given the training you need. I urge you to calll your team asap and get some advice. You can make it easier for them by noting your food with the carb amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back