Airport security with libre freestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy1

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi there. Anyone know if there's a way of somehow covering up the libre freestyle sensor to protect it from airport x-ray machines please? This is for someone who's started work at an airport and thinks one of the machines they use for their job might be damaging the sensors which is not ideal!

Why does this person ‘think’ the machine will damage a sensor?

I have been taking CGMs through airport security multiple times for years and they have never been damaged.

I have been taking CGMs through airport security multiple times for years and they have never been damaged.
Because it's happened a couple of times in the last month after going through the body scanners and looking on Google it can be something that happens sometimes.

Hi. I've read that you should avoid the newer body scanners that are more than X-Ray or proximity devices. You can ask to avoid those and just have a manual scan.

Do they have to go through the scanner? Device manufacturers generally advise getting a pat-down and having the devices swabbed - but this is advice for travellers rather than employees.

I would imagine a degree of shielding around the devices, to ensure the scan is directed mostly internally? But that might just be wishful thinking. Is there a workaround where they don’t have to go through the body scanner? Archway ones are generally fine I think?

And in part seems to be because device manufacturers don’t want to commit to checking their devices in any and all variants of airport / library / security scanners that have ever existed, or may be launched in the future. So rather than say it’s fine, or probably fine, (and then be liable if anyone got into an emergency situation on their way overseas because their tech got fried at the airport) it’s easier for them to get the person to ask for a pat down.

Do they have to go through the scanner? Device manufacturers generally advise getting a pat-down and having the devices swabbed - but this is advice for travellers rather than employees.

I would imagine a degree of shielding around the devices, to ensure the scan is directed mostly internally? But that might just be wishful thinking. Is there a workaround where they don’t have to go through the body scanner? Archway ones are generally fine I think?

And in part seems to be because device manufacturers don’t want to commit to checking their devices in any and all variants of airport / library / security scanners that have ever existed, or may be launched in the future. So rather than say it’s fine, or probably fine, (and then be liable if anyone got into an emergency situation on their way overseas because their tech got fried at the airport) it’s easier for them to get the person to ask for a pat down.
Thank you all for your replies . He's checked at work today and has been told not to go through the body scanners at security and to explain his situation to security, also to carry copy prescription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back