Airdrie mum in sponsored skydive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
AN Airdrie mum will take to the skies this Sunday to raise funds for Yorkhill Children?s Hospital?s diabetes unit ? as a way of thanking them for improving her diabetic son?s quality of life.
Ruth Elliot, a vet with Acres vet centre in Airdrie, will be joined by colleagues Amanda Hughes and Jillian Gilmour and friends Anne Marie McCabe and Tommy McIntyre in a sponsored skydive in honour of son Ben.

http://www.acadvertiser.co.uk/lanar...drie-mum-in-sponsored-skydive-65864-29904202/

How did you spot this!! I must admit I'm terrified - apparently the gale force winds will be well away by then so should still go ahead. I'm really really don't like heights do moral support appreciated!! 🙂

How did you spot this!! I must admit I'm terrified - apparently the gale force winds will be well away by then so should still go ahead. I'm really really don't like heights do moral support appreciated!! 🙂

Ahhh Ruth how brave of you, and well done Alan for spotting this xx

Good luck

Nothing in the world of diabetes escapes my all-seeing eye! :D I've know a couple of people who were very scared of doing this, but they both loved it and have gone on to do more! Good luck with it, and your fundraising! 🙂

Thanks Alan and Steff - will let you know how it goes. Think we've raised about ?2000 so far so no backing out now!

Another vet raising funds for diabetes - like Julia, who cycled John O'Groats to Lands End this summer.

Hope it all goes well, Ruth - and that you actually enjoy it. 🙂

Thanks will try to enjoy! Need to think about my next event - did half marathon last year but like the idea of a challenge so any suggestions welcome - need to allow for work/family restrictions so got to be in uk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back