Afternoon tiredness and eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsonh23

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
In recent weeks I have found myself really struggling in the afternoons. I start to become very tired around 2 pm and then find that I am eating a lot more than I should be between 2 and 4 pm, which is I am presuming my body trying to keep me awake. I dont know if this is lunch related and what I could try differently. I usually have a sandwich for lunch and struggle with other options.
Any thoughts?

In recent weeks I have found myself really struggling in the afternoons. I start to become very tired around 2 pm and then find that I am eating a lot more than I should be between 2 and 4 pm, which is I am presuming my body trying to keep me awake. I dont know if this is lunch related and what I could try differently. I usually have a sandwich for lunch and struggle with other options.
Any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum
Often tiredness is a symptom of high blood glucose so your sandwich could be too high carb and is pushing up your level.
You could try an open sandwich with just 1 slice of bread or try one of the lower carb breads with plenty of protein and healthy fats.
Home made soup is a good option or a salad with cooked meat or cheese or eggs or tuna.
An omelette or scrambled egg with some salad.
Cheese on 1 slice toast with sliced tomatoes.
Make sure you have enough to drink with your lunch.
There are some meal ideas in this link which you may find useful. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back