After treating a hypo when do you start the 15 minutes hypo check from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Do you start counting 15 minutes from when you've finished your hypo treatment?
or
15 minutes from when you first start eating the first piece of hypo treatment?

I think Bruce means, just how long does it take you to treat a hypo? In my case, about 10 seconds to shovel in a couple of jelly babies and chomp them!
Roughly the same ie about 10 seconds but maybe a bit longer to have have some dextro and much quicker if I have the 150ml of coke

I don’t think it really matters whether you wait exactly 15 minutes or 14 mins 45 seconds, that small amount isn’t going to make any difference. Your meter should show the time of the first test so we usually just wait until it's at least 15 minutes after that.

I just test 15 minutes after the BG test told me I was hypo. My BG monitor is an Accu-Chek Aviva Expert so alarms after 15 minutes but I don’t know if other BG monitors do

If can set a timmer i eat then set a tiimer if my phone hsppens to die and im out and about then i look at montier and ftom when test was

I don’t think it really matters whether you wait exactly 15 minutes or 14 mins 45 seconds, that small amount isn’t going to make any difference. Your meter should show the time of the first test so we usually just wait until it's at least 15 minutes after that.
Thanks @Sally71 that's what I will do in future. There is actually a reminder alarm on my meter but unlike the Accu-chek Aviva Expert which as @Lily123 says alarms automatically after 15 minutes you have to set the time yourself.

Message to Roche please get your Accu-chek Mobile meter updated so it alarms automatically after 15 minutes 🙂

Thanks @Sally71 that's what I will do in future. There is actually a reminder alarm on my meter but unlike the Accu-chek Aviva Expert which as @Lily123 says alarms automatically after 15 minutes you have to set the time yourself.

Message to Roche please get your Accu-chek Mobile meter updated so it alarms automatically after 15 minutes 🙂
I think you might be able to change it in settings for the alarm. I’m not too sure. My Aviva Expert is now discontinued so hopefully they might update the Mobile meter

I think you might be able to change it in settings for the alarm. I’m not too sure. My Aviva Expert is now discontinued so hopefully they might update the Mobile meter
Thanks @Lily123
20220109_111847.jpg

20220109_111906.jpg

20220109_111924.jpg

20220109_112007.jpg

I've just tried it but the volume even on the highest volume is not very loud at all - come on Roche it's time to get this meter updated please 🙂

You can use the reminder on the MySugr app when you log the reading.

Attachments

• 5DA38E59-F126-40FE-BFF0-DAC7A7E773E5.png
    5DA38E59-F126-40FE-BFF0-DAC7A7E773E5.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back