After 8 years of Bad Science in The Guardian, Ben Goldacre taking 6 month break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copepod

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
He was on QI on Friday night. He's not the most natural TV personality but you have to respect the work he's done to uncover quack medicine and false claims.🙂

Rob

Also saw him on QI - I'll use his hairstyle as justification when my mum tells me to comb my hair, which she still tries!

He may not be a natural to TV in general, but his knowledge and manner was perfect for QI, particularly with "Illness" as the topic.

Also saw him on QI - I'll use his hairstyle as justification when my mum tells me to comb my hair, which she still tries!

He may not be a natural to TV in general, but his knowledge and manner was perfect for QI, particularly with "Illness" as the topic.

I did suspect he was chosen deliberately for that episode. The topics were suspiciously similar to his favourite sceptic specialties.:D

He's a guru to a whole community of online 'skeptics' who labour to blow apart the false claims of the bad science, medicine, etc movements. Lots of money being made on the back of vulnerability and good to see it challenged.

Rob

Oh - thank you for explaining that! I missed the introductions and didn't know who he was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back