advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rothers1969

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i was given my dexcom in clinic 17 aug i had it about a week and then phoned the diabetes clinic because i wasn't sure what to do a nurse phoned passed my information to the dexcom rep.
i had a free sensor and one sent out.
my sensor is due to run out 12 sept ive tried contacting the decxom rep no answer. not sure what to do really im not sure how i go about getting other sensors. and advice would be great on what to do. first time ive ever used a CGM do i contact the clinic or dexcom ?

Hi @Rothers1969 Are you getting the Dexcom free/prescribed for you? If it’s anything like getting pump supplies, you should have an account set up for you and the bill sent to your payer.

I’d phone Dexcom customer service:

https://www.dexcom.com/en-GB/contact-us-direct

Explain you have a question about sensor supplies. Be ready to give your details and those of your clinic.

Our clinic set up an account for us with Dexcom and they send a 3 month supply (1 transmitter and 9 sensors) automatically when we are on the last one. They are really helpful people, just ring them and ask what’s happening. They’ll need your name and address and probably the clinic details.

Did the clinic say that they were prescribing Dexcom, or was this just a free trial, which is what I suspect. If it was just a trial then I imagine you will have to show how effective it was in helping you to manage your levels in order to have any hope of getting it on prescription.
Have you tried Freestyle Libre 2 as you have more chance of getting that prescribed?

I self-fund mine and order them direct from the Dexcom website.

Hi. If you end-up self-funding you will find the Freestyle Libre 2 cheaper but you have to scan the sensor for results. Hopefully you will get the Dexcom funded by the NHS. I have the Libre 2 self-funded and it works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back