Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

brocky69

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Morning. All new to me. As was tested 4 weeks ago. Type1 injections. Looking for information or websites to see if I'm intituled to any benefits. I know this might of been asked previously. Thank you.

The only thing I am aware of (assuming you mean financial benefits) is that you are entitled to “free” prescriptions.
Well managed Type 1 diabetes with a consideration of “reasonable” adjustments (e.g. break times to treat hypos and hospital appointments) as required by the disability discrimination laws, should mean that there is no additional financial implications that require benefits.
If you later develop complications which impact your life significantly, you may be entitled to some financial benefits.

Hi @brocky69, the only one I know of is the medical exception certificate assuming you are in the UK. With this no more prescription charges.

Morning. All new to me. As was tested 4 weeks ago. Type1 injections. Looking for information or websites to see if I'm intituled to any benefits. I know this might have been asked previously. Thank you.
If you’re off work sick still then you should be entitled to SSP, or sick pay from work. 4 weeks is a long time to be off sick still so would suggest giving your diabetes team a call for more support if diabetes is affecting your finances through not being able to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back