Advice required - Type 2 Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamj

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hello,

I have been diagnosed with Covid today, I knew it would eventually catch me. My husband and I have been extra careful during the last 2 years due to him suffering with Type 2 Diabetes. My concern now is that he is struggling with his bloods and is obese and is taking medications to balance this due to an operation he will be having in April. I am very worried that he will catch this from me even though I am distancing from him the best I can and staying in the bedroom. I live in a small 3 bed semi with my other 2 children so it is very difficult to completely isolate. I keep reading that symptoms can be severe for a Diabetes sufferer. Any advice would be most welcome. Tia

Sorry to hear about your brush with Covid @pamj - and I can completely understand why you are concerned.

Are you both double-jabbed and boosted? That should really help.

We have only had one case of covid in our house, and the person essentially stayed mostly in a separate bedroom, and we ramped up the hand-washing and touchpoint cleansing.

Fortunately no one else in our house got it - so fingers crossed your husband will be able to keep out of Covid’s way

Hello,

My husband and I had our booster jab in October. It looks as though I have caught Covid from my manager in work. Yes all I can do is sanitise everything I touch and stay in a separate room as much as possible. I’m only concerned because prior to my test I was close to my husband. He is negative at the moment.

I caught Omicron variant and it was very mild, I stayed in bed two mornings - hopefully it will be as mild for you, and your husband too if he has been infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back