Advice required plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetsatin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm sure we have all been down this road at some point.
I have had a sore throat & sickness plus chest infection so it don't help my asthma.....
I know i have been very depressed & been grieving too but....

How can one control diabetes when you can't keep anything down, not even water, i have been taking sugar free cough meds & Lozengers but even that don't stay down.

My GP says it will pass & could be another week before i start to feel better....yuk....
Any good advice out there please.
much apreciated my friends

Keep up with the liquids, try to keep warm. These things can be a bit persistent and take a while to clear. I agree it is impossible to get good control when you feel so poorly.

Sometimes a light meal (something like soup or a slice of toast) helps, but if you still feel bad, you may have to be persistent with your doctor.

There are a lot of viruses and coughs and colds doing the rounds. I have a little feller who had a cough since about the end of November, it didn't clear until he had been sick a couple of times and now he is fine.

I hope you feel better soon.

You have to be careful about dehydration. If/when you can tolerate water - try having some small ice lollies - they do have sugar in them - but you need something to give you energy! It is easier to suck on some ice than to have a big mouthful of water etc.. Unfortunately when your not eating - this can contribute to the feelings of depression. I hope you start to feel better very soon.🙂Bev x

Thank you ladies, i never thought of the icecube/ice lollies... silly me.
I must try & get more fluids down me today.
The doctor has been very good & rang me to check on me.

Hi there sweet hope you are feeling better , nice doc you have there.

Gargling with warm salty water often relieves throat pain briefly, so that you can eat / drink a bit, then repeat when the effect wears off. As others have said, getting the temperature right often makes the difference between being able to drink and not.

Thank you all for your great responses
I feel a little better today & managed to take tiny sips of water & kept down a lite richtea biscuit ohhh & sinned with a little homemade dundee cake i baked before xmas....
Well i have lost 3lb in weight this last week.
Yes Steff my doc is great.

great news on weight loss well done you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back