Advice re Guardian 4 sensor adhesives, transmitter cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Type 1 Teddy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I started CGM a couple of weeks ago, using the Medtronic 780 pump, and the Guardian 4 sensors/transmitter. I'm currently using microporous tape to try and keep the sensor on but can see there are lots of items on the market that I could use instead. Just wondering what people find effective. My Mio advanced has also accidentally come off a few times, it may just be me, but again does anyone use anything additional to secure this. Finally, the adhesive cleaner for the transmitter recommended by Medtronic isn't for sale in the UK so just wondering what everyone use. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I am using the 780g with GuardIan 4 sensors plus transmitter. I have found 3M Tegaderm Film 1624 W to be very easy and effective. It can be purchased online for approx 30 p a strip. Hope get some success

I am using the 780 and guardian 4 with transmitter. If I am concerned about sensor’s stickability I use IV300 which were provided for me by Medtronic. It would be worth you giving them a call if you are having issues.

I have sometimes put micropore tape on a loop of my tubing to the mio advanced cannula, so that any tug removes that tape rather the cannula and gives me time to catch the pump if I drop it.

I use Zoff wipes to clean the transmitter, and any adhesive off my arm.

Any other questions fire away.

I am using the 780 and guardian 4 with transmitter. If I am concerned about sensor’s stickability I use IV300 which were provided for me by Medtronic. It would be worth you giving them a call if you are having issues.

I have sometimes put micropore tape on a loop of my tubing to the mio advanced cannula, so that any tug removes that tape rather the cannula and gives me time to catch the pump if I drop it.

I use Zoff wipes to clean the transmitter, and any adhesive off my arm.

Any other questions fire away.
Thank you that's all extremely helpful information. 🙂 I saw the Zoff advertised and was hoping someone could advise if they were effective, I will let you know if I have any other questions.

I am using the 780g with GuardIan 4 sensors plus transmitter. I have found 3M Tegaderm Film 1624 W to be very easy and effective. It can be purchased online for approx 30 p a strip. Hope get some success
Thank you very much for your response, that's extremely helpful. 🙂 I've looked it up and it's easy to get so thank you.

Thank you that's all extremely helpful information. 🙂 I saw the Zoff advertised and was hoping someone could advise if they were effective, I will let you know if I have any other questions.
Zoffs clean everything, and remove the oil from our floorboards if I drop one. They are very effective!

I have just seen the Not Just a Patch which are compatible with the Guardian 4 and transmitter. I have posted a separate thread to ask about these as their products are compatible with other sensors too. I will be interested to hear if anyone has any feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back