Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I will be changing from Novomix to Humalog at my next DSN appointment on 29th Jan. Does anybody have any experience of humalog or advice they can give me on it please? I have been told that I will be injecting it 3 times a day as opposed to my current twice a day with novomix.

Thanks.

Andy

I will be changing from Novomix to Humalog at my next DSN appointment on 29th Jan. Does anybody have any experience of humalog or advice they can give me on it please? I have been told that I will be injecting it 3 times a day as opposed to my current twice a day with novomix.

Thanks.

Andy

Hi Andy,

when i was on bi modal injections i changed from humalog 25 (which is a mix), to humalog. No problems at all. I havent heard of anyone on here experiencing problems when changing type of insulin either, sure they will let you know. Mdi is so much better than bi modal as you have so much more freedom when and what to eat. Good luck.

Hi Andy,

when i was on bi modal injections i changed from humalog 25 (which is a mix), to humalog. No problems at all. I havent heard of anyone on here experiencing problems when changing type of insulin either, sure they will let you know. Mdi is so much better than bi modal as you have so much more freedom when and what to eat. Good luck.

Thanks Tracey. I am going on to humalog 50 which again is a mix. I am still trying to get my head around different types of insulin etc. I started on Lantus and was then then moved on to my current novomix 30 (which I am on 56 units in the morning and 40 units in the evening before meals). My BS readings are still high so they are taking me off the novomix and starting me on humalog 50 so we will see what happens.

Hopefully this might get my readings to an acceptable level at long last 🙂

What you will be getting is equal amounts basal and bolus insulin so that might help particulary if you are getting high post meal readings.

I've just switched from Novorapid to Humalog and Levemir to Lantus on a straight 1:1 for both types with no problems at all.

The only change was my first Lantus injection was only 75% of my total daily Levemir injection as I went from two injections of Levemir a day to one of Lantus. After day one, I was on the same combined units of the two Levemir injections to the one Lantus.

Heading back to the days of my mixed insulins - pass, I can't remember the switch being anything too difficult. It couldn't have been difficult for it to have worked first time with me 🙄

Sure you'll be fine, just do as the nurse says, if there is anything you're not clear on, ask her to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back