Advice please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Back to my previous post re Hba1c, the surgery and the receptionists. Blood test booked and as per usual I went into the surgery to pick up the small sample pot for the urine test. And so it began. The receptionist checked on the PC and told me there is no request from the GP for me to do a urine sample. I didn't have the energy to ask if things had changed . I knew I could do it at a later date. I am just a little confused as over the years I have always done a urine sample along with blood test. Has there been a change to annual reviews?

Sorry to hear this @Sharron1

My annual review always involves a urine sample. In fact when I’ve forgotten, I’ve been asked to produce one then and there!

I get the impression they check for microalbumin (kidney health).

And I’ve asked at the reception for a couple of pots to just have at home for when I need them - and haven’t been refused them because there wasn’t a specific test booked. How infuriating for you!

I don’t have a urine test at my annual reviews, just a full set of blood tests which includes FBC, U&E, LFT, HbA1C, cholesterol and thyroid function.

Many thanks for the responses. I suspect I will be asked to do one when I see the nurse for my blood test.

Back to my previous post re Hba1c, the surgery and the receptionists. Blood test booked and as per usual I went into the surgery to pick up the small sample pot for the urine test. And so it began. The receptionist checked on the PC and told me there is no request from the GP for me to do a urine sample. I didn't have the energy to ask if things had changed . I knew I could do it at a later date. I am just a little confused as over the years I have always done a urine sample along with blood test. Has there been a change to annual reviews?
Urine samples are only once every few years here not annually

My surgery does a diabetes review twice a year. Once a year, they test HbA1C only with no urine sample.
Six months later, they do a more extensive set of tests including a urine test.
They are not great at communicating this - it was more than a month after my fuller set of tests when they realised they had not done the urine test and started chasing me for a sample. Or rather, they had used my sample for a different test.

Urine samples are only once every few years here not annually
Thank you. I can see now these reviews are different .I naively thought they were all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back