Advice on using App to track food?

Annie49

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Can anyone recommend an App to record food intake based in uk please. Most on the iPhone seem to be American - I’ve signed for a month on Klinio which is quite good but it’s exhausting finding foods as their descriptions do not match uk foods I’d prefer to have recommendations before forking out any more money. Tia

Hi Annie, you could have a look at nutracheck and carbs & cals , they are both free apps but if you want some of the extras you do have to pay.
Kind regards
Martin

I have used NutraCheck for 5 years since diagnosis as it is UK based and has thousands of foods from UK supermarkets and other food stores. I have both the app and web membership, which has just cost me £29 for the year. I believe you get a 7 day free trial.

Have a look at Cronometer. There is a free version to try and use for a long as you want. It's ideal for me as it tracks all the nutrients I consume.

When I started my weight loss on 24 December 2022 I had not the slightest idea of what a balanced low calorie diet comprised and no dietician to advise me. Cronometer was rated best for nutrients on the web so I downloaded it and, to my shame, have been using the free version to keep macro- and micro-nutrients on target ever since.

A similar review today:
Bottom line. Cronometer is the most reliable free app we found, and it’s your best bet for tracking vitamins and minerals.

Also:

Nutrachek may be best for processed foods from the supermarket, though Cronometer covers the UK too. We mainly buy the ingredients and prepare them ourselves. Apart from working out 'roll mops' are 'pickled herrings' and the like there is no problem. Maybe as it's Canadian.

Last edited:
Back