Advice on Progress.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharp00782

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning all. Hope you are well. Just having a look at my reports over the last month on Libre View. These are my figures, please can you advise me on your opinions as to how I am doing. Below is my time in range summary over the last 14, 30 and 90 days.

Also my estimated HbA1C is 6.5% (48 mmol/mol)

Look forward to your thoughts.

Only thing that would bother me is the <3.9 number which is a bit on the high side. It's also possible that that's not reflecting reality (if you have a sensor that reads low for hours and then dies then that can throw the averages out), so it's not something to panic about unless you're noticing having hypos.

Only thing that would bother me is the <3.9 number which is a bit on the high side. It's also possible that that's not reflecting reality (if you have a sensor that reads low for hours and then dies then that can throw the averages out), so it's not something to panic about unless you're noticing having hypos.
Hi,

I haven't had hypo symptoms since Boxing Day (2AM) so I am assuming that it is showing as a little bit lower than it actually is, I also confirm the lows with finger pricks and generally speaking when it reads 3.8 or below it is above 4.

Hi,

I haven't had hypo symptoms since Boxing Day (2AM) so I am assuming that it is showing as a little bit lower than it actually is, I also confirm the lows with finger pricks and generally speaking when it reads 3.8 or below it is above 4.
So thats where you are and were you've been - how do YOU fell about it? And what are your priorities going forward?

Your results look pretty good to me. Mine are very similar :
3111E332-86F5-46B4-8BA4-625DC2B50893.jpeg
As @Tdm asks, how do you feel about it? Are there areas you want to improve? With a good TIR and low HbA1C I would say you are doing well. TIR is a good indicator of overall control and I was told to aim for 70% to 80%. Another useful Libre chart is the Daily Patterns where you can see averages over a period of time, the ideal is to get a thin band within your range as much as possible.

0063A252-3895-49C8-9EB0-9CC616FEC1B6.jpeg
Don’t forget though that the charts on the phone app are a bit distorted and exaggerate the peaks, they look a lot better on LibreView on a laptop or PC.

Those stats look great to me and I am sure your consultant will be happy with them. As long as you are getting 70% TIR and not more than 4% in the red I believe they are very happy and your HbA1c i brilliant. Being realistic is important with diabetes management. You have a life to lead as well as managing your diabetes, so whilst most of us could improve our stats a bit if we gave it a bit more focus and attention, the reality is that there is very little benefit in doing so, so whilst I will play a bit of a game with myself and when things are going really well with my diabetes and my TIR is in the mid 90s, I will give it a bit extra effort for a week to see if I can achieve a new personal best TIR percentage, but I know that I can't maintain that level of achievement longer term and that I need to be happy with a lower percentage for most of the time, because those mid 90s are not sustainable long term and I will burn myself out.... and for no significant benefit.
I should say that I seem to be able to achieve reasonably good TIR % but my HbA1c is usually low 50s, so not as good as yours. My best ever was 45 last time with 88% TIR, but I was having far too many hypos so my consultant is delighted for me to get HbA1c in the low 50s. Our bodies are all different so comparing stats isn't always helpful, but those look like great results to me. Do be aware that Libre will usually predict HbA1c as slightly lower than actual blood HbA1c and this may be because it has a tendency to read slightly lower than BG as you are finding when it says you are hypo when you actually aren't quite.
Well done!

I totally love that scale :rofl:
saving that tweet for sure

Morning all. Hope you are well. Just having a look at my reports over the last month on Libre View. These are my figures, please can you advise me on your opinions as to how I am doing. Below is my time in range summary over the last 14, 30 and 90 days.

Also my estimated HbA1C is 6.5% (48 mmol/mol)

Look forward to your thoughts.
For HbA1c, the generally accepted target is 48 or lower (e.g. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng17/ifp/chapter/having-your-blood-glucose-checked-hba1c ); for time in range, the generally accepted target is 70% or more.

So-- you're doing very well!

I gather that risk of adverse effects from diabetes continues to decrease with lower HbA1c and/or higher time in range. *However*, mental health and overall quality of life are also important! If you can lower your HbA1c and/or increase your time in range without adding to your stress and messing up your life, go for it; if not-- it's not worth it.

I gather that risk of adverse effects from diabetes continues to decrease with lower HbA1c and/or higher time in range.
But not nearly so quickly, so 70% TIR and/or HbA1c of 48 really are good targets. Going from 68 to 58 HbA1c or 50% TIR to 60% is worth much more than 54 to 44 or 70% to 80%. (I'm not suggesting that those TIR and HbA1c are in any way comparable.)

But not nearly so quickly, so 70% TIR and/or HbA1c of 48 really are good targets. Going from 68 to 58 HbA1c or 50% TIR to 60% is worth much more than 54 to 44 or 70% to 80%. (I'm not suggesting that those TIR and HbA1c are in any way comparable.)
Yes, agreed! I wasn't criticising the targets. I just wanted to point out that it is indeed worth trying to go beyond the targets *if* that wouldn't cause adverse effects on your mental health and quality of life.

Of course that is such a big 'if' that for most people it will not be worth it! But for some people it will.

What do you mean? Going higher in TIR and a higher HbA1c makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back