Advice on flying (spain). Taking medication ie...controlled drugs including oramorph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hepato-pancreato

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Not definate yet. (Wedding) 18 months from now but need to be prepared. Flying and blood sugars. Oromorph in glass bottle morphine tablets, pregablin. previous cancers been treated. Do you require fit to fly letter? Any advice would be gratefully recieved. Thanks in advance

International travel with any kind of medication is a bitch. Since what is permitted/legal in one country may not be so in another, even over-the-counter-meds have the potential to get you into a lot of trouble....

You have plenty of time, so, along with any other country you might visit, start checking with the Spanish consulate now. (They may require you visit them in person, so choose the consulate nearest to where you live.)

Ditto with the airline: When booking your ticket, make clear your medical situation and provide a full list of prescribed medications. Get written confirmation from the airline that you have notified them of your prescriptions.

Here are a couple of links that may help:

My only experience with travelling and drugs in taking insulin and some over the counter stuff like paracetamol and hayfever tablets.
I have been to Spain (and further afield) and never had a problem with any of this.
Needles are fine (in more than one meaning of the word). I even take syringes and no one has batted an eyelid.

I was going to suggest the Diabetes UK Helpline but think they will only know about travelling with diabetes drugs.
Would a cancer charity such as Cancer Research or Macmillan be able to assist?

With your diabetes equipment, you will need a letter from a member of your diabetes team. Have all of your medication in clear plastic bags.

With regards to your other medication, I strongly suggest you check with the Spanish Consulate. They will be able to help you with what you are able to take abroad to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back