Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What would you PERSONALLY do?
My bloods at 11.9 and I took 20 units of Novarapid almost 2 hours ago. Was 8.4 before. All I've had to eat it scrambled egg & toast and a cup of tea.

What would you do? What you take more insulin or wait.

I feel shaky like im having a hypo but i know im not.

I'd wash my hands and test again. If I still came out with the same result, I would wait half an hour and then retest - if I was still above range I might take some insulin, but keep in mind that insulin for me tends to hang around for up to 5 hours, so there's still room for it to come down a little.

The novorapid will be peaking around about now so if it were me I'd wait a while longer before injecting more. A lot of advice tends to be that you want to be no more than 2 above your starting reading at the 2hr point so, although not ideal, relatively speaking that's not the worst peak you could have....

The shakey feeling could indicate that you're starting to drop back down, sometimes if levels are dropping quickly that can feel like a hypo.

I would leave it a bit and test again. Like Amyes I sometimes feel hypo if my levels are dropping quickly.

Im at 5.0 now. Thanks guys x Dinner soon so I don't think I'll hypo x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back