Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hey all....

I come seeking your advice once again.

I'm type one, on novorapid and lantus.

6am - got up
6.30am - 10.1 (3 units adjust) [this should have brought me down by 6]
8.45am - 11.6!!!!
- 2 x wholemeal toast with marg (normal insuline would have been 12 but given my lack of response to it today, I did 20)
10.30am - 14.9 (5 units adjust - should reduce me to 4.9)

so.....what the hell is going on??? I'm not ill, I did my lantus as normal. no reason for the randomness of my readings :(

Hi Katie,

This sucks, I hate out-of-the-blue rubbish days like this!

You could be coming down with something and just not have any symptoms yet. Or it could be hormonal? Or maybe a hypo in the night triggering some liver-glucose-release games?

Hope you're not feeling too rough and they come down soon!

That is strange....................but as big purple says any illness symptoms may not be showing yet...........may be a increased resistance to the insulin, maybe try going to 1/1.5 mmol reduction for 1 unit........only if it continues for a few days though.......might be back to normal tommorow.....🙂

Could you be worrying/stressing about something ?

It's an old favourite of mine. If I get high readings randomly, I try to assess what's bothering me, and 9/10 times, there'll be something there in the back of my mind.

Rob

Hi Katie,

This sucks, I hate out-of-the-blue rubbish days like this!

You could be coming down with something and just not have any symptoms yet. Or it could be hormonal? Or maybe a hypo in the night triggering some liver-glucose-release games?

Hope you're not feeling too rough and they come down soon!

thank you 🙂 I was roughly the same BG before bed so I wouldn't have thought I'd hypo'd during the night, but you never know!

That is strange....................but as big purple says any illness symptoms may not be showing yet...........may be a increased resistance to the insulin, maybe try going to 1/1.5 mmol reduction for 1 unit........only if it continues for a few days though.......might be back to normal tommorow.....🙂

thanks 'boi.

the thing that throws me the most is that I did an adjustment and didn't eat ANYTHING yet my BG still went up!!!!!!! how is that possible?!?!? I'm just going to keep monitoring and see how I go.

Could you be worrying/stressing about something ?

It's an old favourite of mine. If I get high readings randomly, I try to assess what's bothering me, and 9/10 times, there'll be something there in the back of my mind.

Rob

hey Rob....I suppose so - but I probably do that all the time! I had quite a tiring weekend and Saturday evening/Sunday morning had a lack of sleep so maybe that could be a factor?? my results were high all day yesterday as well again despite copious amounts of insulin injected 😱

oh, and I really, really, really am about to fall asleep at my desk...so hard not to. this is where I hate D where I have to use it as an excuse for things :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back