Admin question: bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proud to be erratic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Pronouns
He/Him
Just tried it with your post. Click/tap on your username at top right & a Bookmarks tab should appear. On mobile you may see your avatar rather than full username.

1675352790542.png

Just tried it with your post. Click/tap on your username at top right & a Bookmarks tab should appear. On mobile you may see your avatar rather than full username.

View attachment 24032
Thank you @RBZ5416, its so obvious I couldn't see for looking! I was searching within the left hand 'Your Account' menu oblivious to the right hand option.

The word scotoma is used today in medical parlance to mean a blind spot, within our visual field. The word originates from an ancient Greek word, skotos, which meant darkness. I recall being told once, in a professional development lecture, that one of the ancient philosophers sarcastically wrote a play about a politician's skotos in the sense of seeing what that politician wanted to see - rather than what was in front of him. The lecturer went on to cleverly illustrate this ability to unintentionally mislead yourself (as a manager) with several examples that the audience participated in: by either seeing what we were anticipating, rather than what was actually there OR by seeing the detail but not the context. No illusions, just everyday examples. It was a memorable talk. I clearly had a 'scotoma' when looking at that menu bar.

Thanks @RBZ5416

I confess it’s not a forum function I use, so I’m glad you were able to offer the solution. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back