ADHD and type 2 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiG51

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm 51 diagnosed last Yr adhd and type 2 diabetic. I have struggled with binge estimg as long as I can recall...I'm learning now that this is due to craving dopamine as adhd do I crave junk food to bingevon ..chocolate sweets and crisps. Which has now caught up with me hence t2d . Is there anyone else in similar situation ..still being titrated on adhd meds as hoping wen get correct dose it may reduce my impulsively to eat. But if it doesn't I'm scared I won't be able to manage the diet and diabetes xxxx

Hi I'm 51 diagnosed last Yr adhd and type 2 diabetic. I have struggled with binge estimg as long as I can recall...I'm learning now that this is due to craving dopamine as adhd do I crave junk food to bingevon ..chocolate sweets and crisps. Which has now caught up with me hence t2d . Is there anyone else in similar situation ..still being titrated on adhd meds as hoping wen get correct dose it may reduce my impulsively to eat. But if it doesn't I'm scared I won't be able to manage the diet and diabetes xxxx
Hello @NikkiG51 ,

Thank you for your post. have included a link below regarding the all the posts that mention ADHD on the forum. I don't know if we have a specific section on the subject, but I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back