Acupuncture & DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey2001

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Im thinking about having some acupuncture to assit (with diet and exercise) the old stress levels down and was wondering if this is frowned upon in the world of DB?

I had a really sore shoulder a few months ago and got accupuncture on the NHS for it and the diabetes (which I have had for over 20 years) wasn't a problem so it shouldn't stop you either.
Hope your accupuncture works -and remember to go to someone reputable.

I had a really sore shoulder a few months ago and got accupuncture on the NHS for it and the diabetes (which I have had for over 20 years) wasn't a problem so it shouldn't stop you either.
Hope your accupuncture works -and remember to go to someone reputable.

just thought i would give it a try before the last resort of medication! so its nice to know that its ok....i have some names from the British acupuncture council in my local area, so might give it a buzz!

Im thinking about having some acupuncture to assit (with diet and exercise) the old stress levels down and was wondering if this is frowned upon in the world of DB?

Hi, even if it was frowned upon, I'd research it and if you thought it might help, have a go - using reputable practioner, as others say. You might even get it on the NHS.

I sometimes have an accupressure massage. It works on the same points as accupuncture.

The advice I was given was it will reduce the sugar levels for a while, so you need to tell the therapist, and you'll need to let her (or him) know what medication you are on too.

Not sure I want lots of pins stuck into me, but it is supposed to be very effective for a great many things.

There is also a taichi form for diabetes if you want exercise. look up the site www.taichiforarthritis.com and look at the dvds and books on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back