aches & pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
was feeling fine till a routine blood test picked up diabetes had no symptons .put on metoformin sr & statins never felt so awful in my life have a pain in shoulder when i move it certain ways & pains in my legs both which are worse of a morning when i get up but tend to ease off as the day goes on.also occasionaly get the tummy problem with the metoformin but can cope with that .

The aches and pains could be the statins if they have come on suddenly. Do you need to be taking a statin? What are your cholesterol levels like? Do you know the actual numbers? Some doctors automatically dish out statins with a diabetes diagnosis, others take the individual's readings and risk factors into account when making that decision. If you do need a statin, it may be that a different one will not cause you those side effects so you need to speak to your doc about it.

The aches and pains could be the statins if they have come on suddenly. Do you need to be taking a statin? What are your cholesterol levels like? Do you know the actual numbers? Some doctors automatically dish out statins with a diabetes diagnosis, others take the individual's readings and risk factors into account when making that decision. If you do need a statin, it may be that a different one will not cause you those side effects so you need to speak to your doc about it.
hi my cholestrol number was 7 .

And do you know the breakdown of that? ie HDL and triglycerides and LDL?
I can see why the doc would want you on statins at 7 because the NICE guideline for diabetics is below 4, so maybe discuss trying a different statin.

And do you know the breakdown of that? ie HDL and triglycerides and LDL?
I can see why the doc would want you on statins at 7 because the NICE guideline for diabetics is below 4, so maybe discuss trying a different statin.
sorry never got told the breakdown

You could ask to change to a different statin as some people do get side effects from the one they have been given, if you are not on the lowest dose then you could reduce it and see if it makes a difference.
If you stop taking it to see if your symptoms go away you would know what to blame and have some evidence to take to your doctor.

I was on Atrovastatin and Metformin for a few weeks - I threw them away as I could not live with the side effects. I have survived another 5 years since then and nothing would persuade me to take either again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back