Aches and pains in joints…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyside3049

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi all,just asking for advice, recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes, taking Metformin 3x daily, plus cholesterol med 1x daily, also put myself on diet ( 800 - 1000 calories per day).Not feeling hungry at all, weight loss ,very slow.
Over the last few days my joints very stiff, having more difficulty than usual moving around,is this normal ? I am 74.
Thank you in advance Sue.

Hi all,just asking for advice, recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes, taking Metformin 3x daily, plus cholesterol med 1x daily, also put myself on diet ( 800 - 1000 calories per day).Not feeling hungry at all, weight loss ,very slow.
Over the last few days my joints very stiff, having more difficulty than usual moving around,is this normal ? I am 74.
Thank you in advance Sue.
It could just be the cold damp weather but it would be worth getting your vit B12 checked as metformin can prevent B12 being absorbed from foods.
If you are trying to reduce your blood glucose then you need to be keeping an eye on carbohydrate intake, low calorie can work for some people but you may be lacking some of the things you would be getting in eating healthy fats which are often restricted if you go low calorie rather than low carb.
It may be worth taking a multivitamin.
Some people find that statins can cause joint stiffness and pain.

Taking Atorvastatin and Metformin transformed me into someone I did not recognise, in just a few weeks. The difficulty moving around was dreadful. It took 18 months to wear off completely once I stopped taking them.
Eating low carb fixed the diabetes in a far shorter time than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back