Accuracy of Libre 2 sensor readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSGhuman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a trial pack at the moment. I have Diabetes 2 and recently it became a problem. I am not too sure of the accuracy of the sensor readings. They say allow 15% for accuracy and also wait 2.5 to 10 mins. I have tried measuring finger pricking (FP) and sensor readings and am finding differences. When blood sugar is high eg FP is 10.6 sensor shows 14.9 I just wait for it to come down. When sensor says below 4 I start taking glucose tablets and sugar drinks, to prevent Hypo Yet FP said 5.1. Maybe no need for intervention. Has anyone had such experiences or what are you thoughts.

I have a trial pack at the moment. I have Diabetes 2 and recently it became a problem. I am not too sure of the accuracy of the sensor readings. They say allow 15% for accuracy and also wait 2.5 to 10 mins. I have tried measuring finger pricking (FP) and sensor readings and am finding differences. When blood sugar is high eg FP is 10.6 sensor shows 14.9 I just wait for it to come down. When sensor says below 4 I start taking glucose tablets and sugar drinks, to prevent Hypo Yet FP said 5.1. Maybe no need for intervention. Has anyone had such experiences or what are you thoughts.
Hello, welcome, what diabetes medication are you prescribed? How long have you been wearing this sensor?

You are right to ques medication. I have been on Metformin and Empagliflozin for long time and okay with it. Recently I had high levels blood sugar 17 plus HbA1c 83 (my fault took eyes off diabetes, parties, drink, takeaways. holidays......) Dr put me on Gliclazide but that gave me very lows below 4 about 2 / 3 times a day. After 1 week then off Gliclazide. Last few days no very lows.

So, my question is a general one, aside from medication do people rely on the Libre2 readings or do they also find big differences?

So, my question is a general one, aside from medication do people rely on the Libre2 readings or do they also find big differences?
The answer is "it depends".

There are known limitations of all CGMs which, sadly, HCP and CGM manufacturers don't seem to share so it is left for word of mouth and threads such as this thread which describes the limitations.

With regards to the example you gave, this could be
- insertion trauma if the sensor was applied in the last day or two
- inaccuracies out side of "normal range"
- both meters (finger prick and Libre) need to comply with 15% accuracy 95% of the time. If your "true" BG measured in a laboratory was around 13, they are pretty close to the range. And, don't don't forget it is as likely that your finger prick meter is out as the Libre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back