Accu Chek Solo issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmonahan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone experienced any problems with their Accu Chek Solo Pump? Honestly I have had the worst experience with them for so long now and I have searched for forums/reviews and can’t find any information.
My pump base randomly stopped working through the night meaning I woke up to blood sugars of 28.7 and had to turn to my back up to get them down. The micro pump constantly disconnects from the handset and don’t get me started on the reservoir problems. They are now sending out a new handset to see if that stops the issues…
My main problem with these issues is that there is no alert system to let you know the pump has potentially disconnected so your blood sugars are soaring without you knowing any better. The people on customer service are lovely but honestly so fed up and can’t even speak to them anymore.
Has anyone else got this pump and had as many issues as me? Or have I been so unlucky?

I don’t know of anyone on this forum who uses that pump other than who @Inka mentioned but the YouTuber Diabetic Becky Fitness used to be on the Solo but switch to Tslim when she had the same problem with the handset connection that you have mentioned

There is or was a woman on facebook group with regular videos also on youtube .

My hospital stopped using both the Solo and the Insight because of the probs. No help to you I know - but how long have you had it by now?

I don’t know of anyone on this forum who uses that pump other than who @Inka mentioned but the YouTuber Diabetic Becky Fitness used to be on the Solo but switch to Tslim when she had the same problem with the handset connection that you have mentioned
Thank you! Seems to be a new problem with is every month and I'm thinking of switching also.

My hospital stopped using both the Solo and the Insight because of the probs. No help to you I know - but how long have you had it by now?
That's good to know actually because at least I know I'm not the only one with problems! I have had it for around 11 months now and had a rocky start but then a good spell of around 6 months with it. They have now sent out a new everything including handset, pump base, and I'm waiting on new reservoirs as they believe I might have a faulty batch. If they don't work then there is literally nothing left to replace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back