Accu-chek mobile meter batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Do you have to use the Boots AAA batteries which it recommends?

They prefer you to use them and some have in fact been refused a replacement meter in the past should something go wrong with it and they weren't using the recommended batteries, they didn't ask what batteries I'd been using when my Expert gave up but I had been using Boots as was still getting vouchers then xx

They prefer you to use them and some have in fact been refused a replacement meter in the past should something go wrong with it and they weren't using the recommended batteries, they didn't ask what batteries I'd been using when my Expert gave up but I had been using Boots as was still getting vouchers then xx
So I'd be best getting the Boots batteries to be on the safe side.

Personally, I would be perfectly happy to fit any AAA battery. They are an absolutely standard thing. The "Boots" battery will no doubt come from a Chinese battery factory and be made on the same production line which makes batteries for many other brands, it will just have different printing on the outside.

Personally, I would be perfectly happy to fit any AAA battery. They are an absolutely standard thing. The "Boots" battery will no doubt come from a Chinese battery factory and be made on the same production line which makes batteries for many other brands, it will just have different printing on the outside.
It is the little flat button batteries you need to be more careful of as they do vary in the voltage even though they look the same.

The only difference you might find between various AAA battery brands is how long they last. They all operate at the same voltage and are capable of delivering the currents needed to run the kit they are providing power to until the chemicals run out and they die.

Quite right @Leadinglights. They are all marked with a code (usually a combination of letters and numbers rather than something simple like AAA) and if you replace a battery with something of the same code you will be OK. You might be interested to know that the ex factory cost of the "button" batteries is a few pence. Makes you wonder why some sell them for several pounds each.

My meter now has Sainsbury's own AAA batteries in it so we will see.

One more question
Does the Accu-chek mobile meter have a battery symbol?

My meter now has Sainsbury's own AAA batteries in it so we will see.

One more question
Does the Accu-chek mobile meter have a battery symbol?

No symbol but it will keep telling you it has low batteries every time you put it on/off, so you can’t forget. After you first see the low battery warning, the meter will still work and will do about 50 tests, but eventually it will just show the low battery message and not work to test. The final stage is it won’t turn on at all. So it’s best to replace the batteries as soon as the message comes up rather than postpone it too much.

No symbol but it will keep telling you it has low batteries every time you put it on/off, so you can’t forget. After you first see the low battery warning, the meter will still work and will do about 50 tests, but eventually it will just show the low battery message and not work to test. The final stage is it won’t turn on at all. So it’s best to replace the batteries as soon as the message comes up rather than postpone it too much.
Thank you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back