Accu-chek mobile meter and spare meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For anybody using the Accu-chek mobile as their main meter what do you use as a spare meter?

I stupidly don't have a spare meter

If you call Accu-Chek they might give you a spare mobile, when I used the expert they supplied me with a plain Aviva as a spare, you'd be best having the same meter as a spare as that's the strips you get on prescription, Ascensia supplied me with a spare Contour Next One when I switched to that meter xx

I have managed to build up 3 different Contour Next meters over the years. The old one that linked to my previous pump that I carry with me. And a Contour Next One up by my bed and another in the car.

Possibly easier with one that uses a pot of separate strips rather than a cartridge system of the mobile? I can just have a few strips in a pot for the ones that aren’t my ‘main’ meter

I’ve got two AccuCheks (one is a bit glitchy) and a Freestyle meter. That way if there’s some strip issue, I always have access to strips. The Freestyle meter is cheaper and lighter so I often take it out on hikes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back