accu chek meter

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
This i see is not no longer in production. How often do people change these metres?

I've never had to, the two I've had were still working as the current one still is with its matched Combo pump. Since I had an Insight pump in between the two Combos I just carried on using the AccuChek Combo meter I already had, until I got used to the Insight one. Then binned it at Currys. And then when I had the new Combo pump, I automatically also got a new meter.

Ill keep it until I can no longer get strips.

Which Accu-Chek meter is it @Nayshiftin

They do come and go over the years. My ‘main’ one is at least 8 years old as it came with my previous Medtronic pump.

I am not sure whether meter manufacturers recommend a number of years before swapping for a new one (but I suspect it would be a pretty short timeframe!)

There are recommendations on various US sites that range from 4-5 years to more than 10.

I suspect meter manufacturers kinda force the issue by making older meters obsolete and changing strips!

There are recommendations on various US sites that range from 4-5 years to more than 10.

I suspect meter manufacturers kinda force the issue by making older meters obsolete and changing strips!
Yes its a Nano performa . I looked at getting a spare one . To read

Accu-Chek Performa Nano

The Accu-Chek Performa Nano meter is no longer available in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. But don't worry: the test strips continue to be available, so there is no need to switch to another meter unless you require a replacement. You can still access support for your meter here.

If you require a replacement meter, please contact Accu-Chek Customer Care to discuss whether the Accu-Chek Instant meter could be a suitable alternative for you.
So Im thinking what next.
i have never been offered one from the surgery just use my own to get an idea.

Sounds like the strips will continue to be available for a while 🙂

Sounds like the strips will continue to be available for a while 🙂
Yes , I am okay but would have liked another spare. I have a Sinocare but stopped that as you get all those plastic lancets with it.
The accu chek metre is smaller and i find it easier to use. I have had it four years I think now..

I have a Code Free which is the predecessor of the GlucoNavii. It is nearly 10 years old and I can still get strips, it is still working fine. My box of lancets got in 2015 is still enough to outlast me as I reuse them.

I have a Code Free which is the predecessor of the GlucoNavii. It is nearly 10 years old and I can still get strips, it is still working fine. My box of lancets got in 2015 is still enough to outlast me as I reuse them.
Yes, Hubby and I have this as long as it works don”t change it . I just originally wanted a spare. I really like the size and design and ease of use. I love my click pen too which is why i got that meter.
I will carry on with this as you have had yours too. I just was not sure if trey needed changing.
Also i like a spare incase this breaks and to have one that used same strips.
I have the barrel and use those more than once. in the vlick pen. Why waste no one else uses it. Unless i go into hospital I am inclined to use them sparingly.
I guess ill look around for my next one but keep this one until I can no longer get strips . No point panic buying as dated . Very short life on strips .

My daughter still has the Accu-Chek Expert which she was given at diagnosis, which is just coming up to 12 years ago! For a while she had Libre 1 so we got the strips for that, now she’s on Dexcom for the last four years her DSN gave her a different one which does ketones as well. So far nobody has complained that we have two different glucose strips on prescription, we don’t need many as we find the Dexcom reliable enough not to have to check very often. So she keeps the Accu-Chek in one bag and the other one in another.

At my last review, the DN noted that I had an accu chek meter and said if it broke they would have to give me something different. This sort of kit is remarkably reliable provided you don't drop it down the toilet or similar, so I expect to keep on using the accu check until they stop making strips.

Back