Accu-chek instant pouch/carry case or whatever you want to call it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meady

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
I've just changed over to the accu-chek instant glucose monitor (really happy with it) and well, the carry case pouch thingy leaves a little to be desired.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement please.

Thanks.🙂

A pencil case

Do you need a case?
I do not bother as it just takes up more space. And, as you can see from the Accu-check case, the meter does not need protection.

I've just changed over to the accu-chek instant glucose monitor (really happy with it) and well, the carry case pouch thingy leaves a little to be desired.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement please.

Thanks.🙂
The issue I’m familiar with for many years regarding the supplied case for these meters. (Used Accu-chek.) is the elasticated straps for the meter, lancet device & stip pots? It’s a fiddle whilst on the “fly.” (I just wanna test & go.)
What are your personal preferences whilst on the move? Do you have a favourite jacket with pockets? Maybe a preference for “cargo pocket trousers?” Or just a bag. These are all considerations I make when carrying what I need low profile.
The pot of strips for me has always been the “space invader.” Maybe a smaller bespoke tube for the strips you need just for a day out?

I carry around a "diabetes kit" which consists of a 1.1L plastic food container, containing (in random order!):
  • glucose gel tubes and Love Hearts roll, for hypos
  • blood glucose meter
  • bumetanide tablets strip (diuretic)
  • FastClix finger-pricker with spare drum of 6 lancets
  • pot of unused test strips and pot of used test strips
  • gel pen, to write in...
  • blood glucose diary
  • Novopen 6 containing fast-acting NovoRapid
  • pen needles in small plastic bag
You probably won't have all those...

Status
Not open for further replies.