Accu chek insight steel cannulas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicHedgehog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've just been online to see if i can get some steel cannulas for the insight pump but it only shows the flexlink as available :(

I'm having problems with the flex link, i'm getting lots of failed cannulas and my poor sites are battered, covered in bruises and sore, The cannulas seem fine until i start to notice my blood sugar creeping up for no reason then i pull the cannula and its the same story over and over, an angry looking hole, itchy and some have lumps underneath the skin like peas, i am starting to get worried about infections and and how erratic my blood sugars have been recently and it was suggested that i use steel canuals that you self insert for a while as they apparently cause less irritation and fail less than teflon. Is there a steel self insert for the insight?? I can only find ones available for german patients.. nothing on the uk site.

ok update... i hate roche :( just spoke to them and they do have steel cannulas but i'm not allowed to order them until i have had training from the diabetes nurse :(:( new rule apparently.

Who suggested it might be an idea that might help -was that not your diabetes clinic and if so since they didn't mention training - can they deliver it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back