Accu Chek Combo Flexlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB2015

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have just had unexpected highs so looked at cannula which had come out. Put a new Flexlink in and that had no sticky on it so just fell out as well. Has anyone else had a problem with these. This is the first problem I have had with this in four years. I know that there were issues with the insight ones at one point.

I've had that happen, having a prob with several out of one box when the others have been perfectly OK whereas NP whatever with cannulas in other boxes with the same serial number and date. I just reported them to Roche on the phone and they noted it. I think unless they get a whole spate of such reports with the same date or S/N, they don't do anything. I mean there is some wastage anyway - I hadn't pulled the inserter back properly the other day so the whole new cannula shot off across the room as soon as I turned it ready to apply. The sticky folded back on itself and stuck very firmly indeed - so I had to scrap that one, and I'm not too worried about Oh dear they're X quid each and I've just wasted that - cos unless you're getting through a LOT more than you ought to I don't think anyone notices.

You had better tell Roche though IMHO.

Thanks Jenny
I too have had some attach themselves to the opposite side of the room with no problem!!!
I will let Roche know and watch out for the others in the same box.

Yeah if you're going out somewhere important - stick a spare in your bag out of another box, I should!

I have just had unexpected highs so looked at cannula which had come out. Put a new Flexlink in and that had no sticky on it so just fell out as well. Has anyone else had a problem with these. This is the first problem I have had with this in four years. I know that there were issues with the insight ones at one point.
I had a batch of un sticky ones a couple of years ago when i was on the combo. I attempted 3 site changes before i phoned roche. They told me not to open any more and they would send a new box and a label to send the box of bad ones back to be looked at. I never did hear back from them about it and there was no product recall on the batch number. but i got a new box anyway so it didn't really matter.

Thanks cosmichedge it seems I had an odd one, and the others have been okay so far, so I shall wait and see if any more fall off.

Hee hee - no - you never do hear what was wrong with whatever it was. My first Insight handset wouldn't charge on 12v and didn't like doing it on mains. I had no less than 3 batteries sent me, I or it killed em all - so they replaced it. Second one's been 100% fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back