Accu-chek aviva expert and performa meters discontinued!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hepato-pancreato

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
My meters have been discontinued. The one they offered me was an accu-chek instant. Marvellous i thought until they told me the meter strips are different. Anyone recomend a meter. Or has the aviva instant what's it like.?

I have the accuchek instant (but use my spirit tee2+ as that's what strips I get on script).
Never had an issue with it at all. quick, easy and text is backlit so can read it in the dark. Small enough to fit in any pocket or bag.
Usually within 1 of my tee2 meter (often less) and never had a rogue reading.
Not sure what your current strips are like but its a flat bottom that absorbs the sample easily.

the tee2 meter does its job but the mysugr app is a million times better than spirits smart log one (plus who doesn't like a monster to cheer you on). I would assume you would just link it to your current mysugr app/profile and carry on with all your history.

If I had a choice I would go with the instant any day of the week.

My meters have been discontinued. The one they offered me was an accu-chek instant. Marvellous i thought until they told me the meter strips are different. Anyone recomend a meter. Or has the aviva instant what's it like.?
Are both of your current meters broken? If not just continue using them

Yes - cos they're certainly continuing the strips for the 'Expert', cos it's a glorified 'Expert' that forms the handset remote control for my Roche pump, where the bolus wizard is with the meter, not within the pump - and that's not due to be replaced for another nearly 4 years as I had it Jan 2020 and they only get replaced every 5 years.

Oh and I think they've been telling us this for about 2 years-ish by now so no idea how you missed reading the info on the forum - @everydayupsanddowns posted a link to the info on here at that time.

Oh and I think they've been telling us this for about 2 years-ish by now so no idea how you missed reading the info on the forum - @everydayupsanddowns posted a link to the info on here at that time.
Probably because i was going through cancer treatment. Just finished radiotherapy on base of tounge cancer then was told i had liver cancer so had to go through it all again. So obviously missed it.!,

Sorry to hear you’ve lost one of your meters, and can’t get another @Hepato-pancreato

I think @Kaylz was another user disappointed by the Expert’s demise.

I believe Roche have shifted their bolus calculator for non-pump users into the mySugr app which they acquired some years ago.

@everydayupsanddowns after receiving many of the dodgy batches of strips I was happy to change to be honest but then I called and asked the health centre pharmacist if they would prescribe Contour Next strips after getting the Next One meter which they were happy to do, I hadn't used the bolus calculator for years anyway and much prefer having a smaller meter xx

the instant manual says:
Storage temperature range system (meter with batteries & strips) 4°C to 45°C

the instant manual says:
Storage temperature range system (meter with batteries & strips) 4°C to 45°C
Ah something else that would be more suitable for my job then but too expensive for my team to agree to give me one(sorry to go off topic please delete if inappropriate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back