Accu-chek advice please or recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobyloo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Time for a new lancing device and am considering Accu-Chek. I would like to ask if anyone knows the difference between softclix and fastclix. At the moment i use a lancing device that was supplied with my Gluco navii and just change the lance every couple of weeks. Would like something i can still do this with.
Also open to any other recommendations for a virtually pain free lancing device. Thanks in advance.

I have not used the soft clix,but have used the Fastclix for years and can recommend. Looking at the photo on Amazon, the Soft Clix looks like it takes lancets, were the Fastclix takes a drum and there are no sharp bits to dispose of.

I'm afraid I just hold the lancet in my fingers as the pointy bit is only about 1mm so can not really ever go in too far and just give a quick stab, painless and always gives an adequate drop of blood.

I love the fastclix better than the soft clix. I like the drums as they can go out with normal rubbish and also if you drop it it’s not obvious what it is. Also you get a few goes with the drum It is faster too as just like a staple pen type push . The other is on the side and for arthritic hands it’s hit or miss . So I would fastclix all the time. Sometimes it’s sore and it is other times I feel nothing . Hope this helps but it is personal choice.

As far as I'm aware the SoftClix was discontinued in the UK and it no longer shows on UK's accu-chek website so that seems to be the case xx

As far as I'm aware the SoftClix was discontinued in the UK and it no longer shows on UK's accu-chek website so that seems to be the case xx
My soft clix is with the senocare device sorry if I misled . The accu check is fastclix . I get mine from Amazon

Can i just enquire if the Fastclix drum automatically selects a new lance for each jab? as this would cost a lot more than i pay at the moment for lances

My soft clixi is with the senocare device sorry if I misled . The accu check is fastclix . I get mine from Amazon I use my fastxlix drum more times than it says so it’s up to the individual

I’ve recently switched to a FastClix and it’s truly a revelation.
It genuinely doesn’t hurt and it draws more than enough blood every single time.
There’s a button on the device for advancing the drum onto the next needle and it’s really easy to use.

Thanks everyone thats made my mind up to order the FastClix now.

Fastclix is the best available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back