Accu Check Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Grrrr, I really want the Accu check nano but doc's/clinic wont give me one because my One Touch is "fine".

Soo annoying!

Oh & I cnt buy one as my ESA has been stopped. Apparently my only problem with having one hand is small buttons. They stopped it on the 17th June and wrote the letter on the 1st of July. the day I was due to get my next payment. Now my phone has been cut off & I've had letters warning me to pay up and soon for other things too.

Grrrr, I really want the Accu check nano but doc's/clinic wont give me one because my One Touch is "fine".

Soo annoying!

Oh & I cnt buy one as my ESA has been stopped. Apparently my only problem with having one hand is small buttons. They stopped it on the 17th June and wrote the letter on the 1st of July. the day I was due to get my next payment. Now my phone has been cut off & I've had letters warning me to pay up and soon for other things too.

Roche sent me a free nano - call them and ask for one 🙂 Though you'll need to use someone else's phone - sorry to hear about the stupid bureaucracy 😡

lou as an insulin user you are entitled to free machines. Give Roche a bell, and they will send one out free to you 🙂

Right so how do i go about updating my machine? can I just call them and say I need a new Machine!! also can I ask for the Accu-Chek? Smart Pix? where you download all your readings into your PC/Laptop?... If so has anyone got the number....

Right so how do i go about updating my machine? can I just call them and say I need a new Machine!! also can I ask for the Accu-Chek? Smart Pix? where you download all your readings into your PC/Laptop?... If so has anyone got the number....

jules, have a look on their website 🙂 just google roche uk or accu chek uk 🙂

last i heard the smart pix cost abit extra but you can get normal data cables too.

Yes I also got one free, Lou. Get on the dog and bone and wangle yourself one! 🙂

Soo annoying!

Hi Lou
I may be able to get you a nano tomorrow from boots if they still have them for half price, i got one a couple of weeks ago for just over 6.00 i nee to get some more test strips tomorrow to see me through to next script an these work out the same price as the nano if they still have it on that offer, so i could send you the monitor if u want it but i would need to keep the strips that come with it,if you interested pm me,im just going to check boots online to see if they are still half price,oh i wont want anything for it.

Loubie - thinking about your ESA being stopped - do they mean small buttons on clothing or equipment? Always worth appealing that sort of decision, but you have to make your situation match their definition of need eg how much time? costs of equipment, including maintenance?
thinking about your need /want for Accu Check Nano - can you explain the one hand issue to Roche, mentioning size of buttons, if that's (part of) the issue?

Sorry lou boots have put them back up to 15.99 so was unable to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back