Accu-Check Compact Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankey46

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi
I use an Accu-check and for day to day use it's fine, yet a touch bulky.
Could anyone enlighten me on how to change and how easy it is to get the gp to change the stips (i am lucky and get plenty at present, but think this is an un noticed clerical error)
I find my present meter bulky when going out on busines, also it gets in the way on walks / runs etc - I carry enough clutter anyway ( 2 children under 4)
Any one have any ideas?
Cheers

I'd ring up Roche and ask for an Accuchek nano - they are much smaller than the so-called compact! The strips are different though, I believe, but it shouldn't be difficult to get them changed - just let your doctor know that your meter has changed. (and hope he doesn't notice the clerical error!)🙂 Roche might be able to give you the prescription code for the strips.

yup, phone up Roche and get hold of a newer smaller one, they're usually very good with it. You'll need to let your GP know about any changes with strips etc though.

I had the so called compact and hated it so much 😡

Hi
I use an Accu-check and for day to day use it's fine, yet a touch bulky.
Could anyone enlighten me on how to change and how easy it is to get the gp to change the stips (i am lucky and get plenty at present, but think this is an un noticed clerical error)
I find my present meter bulky when going out on busines, also it gets in the way on walks / runs etc - I carry enough clutter anyway ( 2 children under 4)
Any one have any ideas?
Cheers

AccuChek are currently running a swappage schme in pharmacies. Take your old meter in and ask for different one. I was offered a change before christm
as - a nano or an aviva. I said I'll have both, the small one for my pocket . No problemo and the pharmacy, which I use all the time changed the scrip for me. Just need two tubs on the go though, for the chips. Check out a pharmacy near you.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the advice.
2 Nanos waiting for me at docs. Best to have a spare!
They talked about a keytones monitor as well, does anyone else have one. Are they any use, I just have the strips to test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back