Accu-Check Compact Plus - Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALSHOT

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello....
Does anyone have an Accu-Chek Compact Plus and if so how are the batteries lasting?

I have had one for probably over a year now. Over the last few months the batteries run flat roughly after 2 testing drums. I am signed up to the warreny scheme at Accu-Chek which allows free batteries to be sent out although i've requested too many in their allocated time-frame.
So during the times I can't order anymore free batteries I buy them ... but since they run flat so quick i'm considering getting a different meter.

I still have the original Accu-Chek Compact which is v.good on batery usage but it's showing it's age. On the Compact Plus i have also kept the memory and the contrast to a minimum but it doesn't really improve the issue.

Anyone had the same problem?

Hi,

Are the contacts where the batteries go in the meter nice and clean? Clean them up with a fingernail file and blow the dust out. Corrosion causes resistance which doesn't let all the power from the batteries get to the electronics in the meter.

Have you phoned the freephone number and spoken to somebody there? If the battery contacts are clean then there must be a fault with your unit and you should be entitled to a replacement tester.

Good luck.

Tez. (Who is an electronics engineer in his spare time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back